Applying DO now

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dwigt2

Reaction score
If I have everything ready to go and can submit my primary for verification in the next couple days/this week and apply broadly, will I be late applying for the DO application cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

If I have everything ready to go and can submit my primary for verification in the next couple days/this week and apply broadly, will I be late applying for the DO application cycle?
I'm in the same boat as you and I've been advised that we should be okay so long as we are competitive and submit before Thanksgiving though we likely wont be hearing until later in the year or next year for IIs and As

yeah, it depends more on your application and where you apply at this point in the cycle. But generally, you are still okay to apply until thanksgiving.

yeah, it depends more on your application and where you apply at this point in the cycle. But generally, you are still okay to apply until thanksgiving.
Any specific schools that it's a lost cause to apply to?

Members don't see this ad :)
I know several friends and others who didn't apply until January of their application cycle and got in that cycle

• Okay...
Reactions: 1 user
I applied DO in early to mid September. It has been completely silent for me besides one pre-II hold from KCU.

I applied DO in mid-late September, even though my primary was done back in July. So far 2 II from 2 DO schools that I completed secondaries for in October. I just submitted another secondary to Alabama COM too. Apply before December and you should be fine.

I mean applying around now I just assume that I won’t hear back until later realistically
oh yeah, Also consider we are moving into the holiday season so you might not hear back till the start of the year, but if you are getting MD interviews I am sure you will get some DO, and an A somewhere.

• Love
I applied DO in mid-late September, even though my primary was done back in July. So far 2 II from 2 DO schools that I completed secondaries for in October. I just submitted another secondary to Alabama COM too. Apply before December and you should be fine.
I've read that you should try to finish before Thanksgiving, so yea def before December. And by December 14th a lot of spaces will become available since people need to put in deposits to the schools. It's late in the cycle yes but I think if you apply to schools such as ARCOM, ACOM, WVSOM WCUCOM you should have a shot. Usually, those schools if you receive an interview there's a 60-70% post acceptance rate. So just be smart about where you apply.

You got this !!!

Reactions: 1 users