Applying late, any advice on where to apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medhopeful297

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm new to studentdoctor so I hope I'm posting in the right thread. I sent in my primary/secondaries earlier this cycle but I'm starting to get concerned about my chances. I wanted to add one or two more schools before the primary deadline passes. I understand it's pretty late in the cycle but I wanted to ask if there are any schools that are receptive to OOS applicants this late in the cycle? I have a LizzyM of ~70 (decent MCAT and decent GPA). I already applied to my state schools. Any help would be appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! I'm new to studentdoctor so I hope I'm posting in the right thread. I sent in my primary/secondaries earlier this cycle but I'm starting to get concerned about my chances. I wanted to add one or two more schools before the primary deadline passes. I understand it's pretty late in the cycle but I wanted to ask if there are any schools that are receptive to OOS applicants this late in the cycle? I have a LizzyM of ~70 (decent MCAT and decent GPA). I already applied to my state schools. Any help would be appreciated!
If you want to add some schools this late in the cycle, I suggest they should have a Lizzy M score well below yours, so as to get some attention.

Suggest that you wait until the next cycle. Apply June 1.

Wait until next cycle imo. But like they say, there is no harm in trying now, if you have the money.

Last edited: