Applying to OMFS 6-year program question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spfries123

Reaction score
Hello,
Current dental student here, interested in OMFS, particularly 6-year OMFS programs.
During my gap year between undergrad and dental school, I didn't do much, and just relaxed, travelled, and spent time with friends and family. I heard that when applying and interviewing for OMFS programs, the medical school also reviews applications and interviews candidates.
I was worried that this perceived time gap in which I did not do much before dental might be a "red flag" for the medical school adcom, since I heard that for medical school admissions, not doing much during your gap year can negatively impact your applications. Is this something I should be worried about, or would this be trivial? Also, for these 6-year programs, when the medical school declines applicants, do they decline just based on CBSE or undergrad GPA, or do they also decline based on weakness of extracurricular activities?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

even if you should be worried about it.. what are you going to do about it? gotta time machine ? don’t ruminate on the past. just do things within your control at the present

Reactions: 1 users