OMFS 6-Year Programs Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Real_S_Jack

Reaction score
Hey guys, just out of curiosity, does anyone know of any OMFS programs that have residents do years 1, 2, and 3 (in full, not parts of it) of the medical school curriculum? I've been looking at what all I could find online, but some programs don't post their curriculums.

Members don't see this ad.

OHSU has a 6-year OMFS program and their curriculum is posted on their webpage!

Years 1, 2, AND 3? That sounds absolutely awful.

Off the top of my head, I think Rochester and UCSF have lots of med school, but I don’t think it’s 1, 2, and 3. Somewhere on this website there’s a list of programs ranked by months in med school.

At the San Antonio interview, I think they said they cram all 4 years accelerated into the first two years.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
At Baylor, on paper we do year 2, 3, and 4 of med school, but year 4 of med school is spent entirely on OMS service and they count that as credit for your 4th year of med school.

There’s a school in Canada that is 6 year program and they do all 4 years of med school. No thanks.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Loma Linda - We do second half of 1, all of 2, all of 3, first half of 4

Years 1, 2, AND 3? That sounds absolutely awful.

Off the top of my head, I think Rochester and UCSF have lots of med school, but I don’t think it’s 1, 2, and 3. Somewhere on this website there’s a list of programs ranked by months in med school.

At the San Antonio interview, I think they said they cram all 4 years accelerated into the first two years.
UCSF does 25 months of medschool. Not short like Rutgers, OHSU, or LSU Shreve by any means, but not unreasonably long either especially considering the caliber of UCSF medical school.