Aprog and K Cox, your input please.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

minstral

La la la la
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm US student applying to neuro. Very good app and LOR, research etc..minus failed step1 and then pass below avg. Due to interviews I cant take my step 2 CK till january. Despite the step one I got a good 10-11 interviews, all so far would be solid options.

very few programs have asked about step1 or step2 but one did make it clear they couldn't rank me until I had a passing step 2... so now I'm concerned others may be thinking same but have not said so. Should I inquire from PD? Remember most places did not mention my poor step 1 at all, but they may have thought they wouldl get my step2 definitely in time.

My understanding is the final day for submitting Rol by programs is feb 27th. Would a program be willing to add me that late if it took nearly that long to get my CK results?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I'm US student applying to neuro. Very good app and LOR, research etc..minus failed step1 and then pass below avg. Due to interviews I cant take my step 2 CK till january. Despite the step one I got a good 10-11 interviews, all so far would be solid options.

very few programs have asked about step1 or step2 but one did make it clear they couldn't rank me until I had a passing step 2... so now I'm concerned others may be thinking same but have not said so. Should I inquire from PD? Remember most places did not mention my poor step 1 at all, but they may have thought they wouldl get my step2 definitely in time.

My understanding is the final day for submitting Rol by programs is feb 27th. Would a program be willing to add me that late if it took nearly that long to get my CK results?

thanks

Many of the programs which are interviewing you will not care about your step 2 result. If they didn;t ask, I certainly wouldn't mention it.

Programs can adjust their rank lists right up to the last day. Because we know (from experience) that the NRMP servers tend to be slow those last several days, most programs have their lists in at least a week early. Still, if your score comes back the day the ROL's are due, a program could adjust your ranking and/or add you to their list without much difficulty.

Thanks. that sounds like a relief.
Am I correct about the Feb 27th date for program ROL?

Yep. From the NRMP website:

February 27, 2008
Late registration deadline

Rank order list certification deadline
Applicants and programs must certify their rank order lists by 9:00 PM eastern time. Staff will be available to answer your questions during the final deadline hours. CERTIFIED applicant and program rank order lists and any other information pertinent to the Match must be entered in the R3 System by this date and time.