Are anesthesia residents THIS bad? Darn millennials.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wow, grown men (physicians at that) sitting behind a computer screen on an anonymous Internet forum judging how hot/ugly a 20-something year old girl is. This thread has hit a pretty sad low.

Young girl makes stupid drunken mistake and gets punished for it. Sorry to inform you all but this happens every weekend in every city around the world. Move on with your lives and let the rest of the public that has nothing better to do judge how harsh/mild her penalty is. It'll be the same segment of society that'll jump on the next sensationalized story and make it their life goal to carry out vigilante justice through Internet forums, post all about it over Facebook for a week, and then promptly forget about the issue and never discuss it or care to follow up about it again...the same group of people who brought you Cecil the Lion, Kony 2012, Adrian Peterson hitting his kid, Seaworld being the devil, and the list goes on...

People are all about making the world a better place as long as they can do it behind their computer screens with a few clicks of their mouse. The moment it requires them to actually exert any effort and get off their fat asses they quickly lose interest. While people on tbe internet spend their time and energy beating this issue about a drunk 20 year old to death and making sure her career never sees the light of day (eg: starting petitions to get her thrown out) there are homeless people vets still sleeping in the rain outside tonight looking for the next meal. It really saddens me that this is the way media works, and how it caters to the lowest common denominator in society since that is what grabs the highest ratings.

Rant over.

She's actually 30 so I'm comfortable thinking of her as an adult. She is also a few months from being an attending physician.

Members don't see this ad.

Your argument might be valid for a 20 year old, but she's pushing 30, so that makes some poorly considered drunken silliness a serious problem. Her frontal lobe is fully developed. No excuses.
If you think this is a low, you haven't been here very long.

She's actually 30 so I'm comfortable thinking of her as an adult. She is also a few months from being an attending physician.

You guys don't get it. Her age is completely irrelevant. She made an idiotic, drunken error and is being reprimanded for it, rightfully so. Move on. This isn't something that should have been talked about for more than MAYBE one day. The level of news/social media outcry regarding this story is completely out of proportion to what such a nonsensical story deserves. As I said before, people are all for social causes as long as they can accomplish them from behind their computer without lifting a finger.

And discussing her looks amidst all the social justice discussion only goes to show how superficial, petty, and idiotic this entire story is.

You guys don't get it. Her age is completely irrelevant. She made an idiotic, drunken error and is being reprimanded for it, rightfully so. Move on. This isn't something that should have been talked about for more than MAYBE one day. The level of news/social media outcry regarding this story is completely out of proportion to what such a nonsensical story deserves. As I said before, people are all for social causes as long as they can accomplish them from behind their computer without lifting a finger.

And discussing her looks amidst all the social justice discussion only goes to show how superficial, petty, and idiotic this entire story is.

What social cause? Fighting against obnoxious over-privileged drunkards? What do you expect people to do, buy a ticket to florida and start protesting outside of her hospital?

Members don't see this ad :)

We get enough physician hate from the general public.
She demanded that folks call 911 and her tirade following de-trashing the dude's car while knowing she was being recorded shows how much of an idiot she was. She's 30 and not 20. There is a huge difference, drunk or not. When entitled idiots like her pull the "I'm a physician, don't arrest me!!" card after the stunt she pulled, that just tells me she knew what she was doing and didn't give a rats ass about it. She thought she could get away with it all. Her apology was half-baked too. She and folks like her just give us physicians in general a bad name. I'm not sure what you expect the general public to really do... She would have gotten away with it and potentially accused the Uber driver with assault if not for the recording, and probably done something similar again or worse. Clearly there is a huge lapse in professionalism, which is a core competency, and she should look into something else in terms of a career.

Try it first then you can judge. Otherwise you're just another circulusvitios

It's not thaaaaat bad. And I'm further along than you, so I know.

And it's a hell of a lot better, mind you, than hanging out in an OR surrounded by bitchy scrub nurses and dingus surgeons all day long.

Reactions: 1 user
Try it first then you can judge. Otherwise you're just another circulusvitios

I went from anesthesia to a more patient oriented specialty.
Trust me, being in clinic talking to patients isn't that bad. I thought it would be as a medical student too, but I find it actually enjoyable. As a whole, there'll always be terrible patients. But, those patients don't make up an entire clinic day. Those potentially dingus malignant surgeons, if you end up in a room where they are operating all day, the **** just gets worse and your whole day is shot. Don't even mention the potentially bitchy pre-op/OR/PACU RNs or the scrub techs who think they know everything just because they know what and when to hand the surgeon an instrument. Don't forget, as a resident, if you end up with a jackass attending that exact same day, enjoy the cherry on top of an awesome **** brownie. Of course, there are plenty of good days too, as with any specialty. Is it any wonder why an Anesthesiologist's #1 drug of choice is good ole booze?

Wow, grown men (physicians at that) sitting behind a computer screen on an anonymous Internet forum judging how hot/ugly a 20-something year old girl is. This thread has hit a pretty sad low.

Young girl makes stupid drunken mistake and gets punished for it. Sorry to inform you all but this happens every weekend in every city around the world. Move on with your lives and let the rest of the public that has nothing better to do judge how harsh/mild her penalty is. It'll be the same segment of society that'll jump on the next sensationalized story and make it their life goal to carry out vigilante justice through Internet forums, post all about it over Facebook for a week, and then promptly forget about the issue and never discuss it or care to follow up about it again...the same group of people who brought you Cecil the Lion, Kony 2012, Adrian Peterson hitting his kid, Seaworld being the devil, and the list goes on...

People are all about making the world a better place as long as they can do it behind their computer screens with a few clicks of their mouse. The moment it requires them to actually exert any effort and get off their fat asses they quickly lose interest. While people on tbe internet spend their time and energy beating this issue about a drunk 20 year old to death and making sure her career never sees the light of day (eg: starting petitions to get her thrown out) there are homeless people vets still sleeping in the rain outside tonight looking for the next meal. It really saddens me that this is the way media works, and how it caters to the lowest common denominator in society since that is what grabs the highest ratings.

Rant over.
Agreed about the harsh judgement. I think some of us on here agree on that. We shouldn't judge, because no one's behavior is perfect. Of course some on here think she has a drinking problem,, should have her career erased, blah, blah, blah. Quite harsh in my opinion.

I started the whole thing about her attractiveness. I just didn't agree with the fact that she is "hot" as many on here said she is and that's why she has probably gotten away with bad behavior before. Nobody knows if she was a goody-two-shoes before all this or a wild woman.
And even if she was "hot" , why should she be treated any differently than any of the rest of us average looking Joe Shmoe's? Yes, I know, attractive people in general get treated better than average and ugly people.

I don't think she is ugly, but I don't think she is "hot" either. I am a woman by the way.

You're kidding me, right?
People always look up their physicians on the Internet prior to seeing or establishing with them. Her name is forever tarnished on the Internet thanks to social media.

Her name is tarnished because she acted like an dingus. Not because anything social media did. She deserves everything she gets.

I went from anesthesia to a more patient oriented specialty.
Trust me, being in clinic talking to patients isn't that bad. I thought it would be as a medical student too, but I find it actually enjoyable. As a whole, there'll always be terrible patients. But, those patients don't make up an entire clinic day. Those potentially dingus malignant surgeons, if you end up in a room where they are operating all day, the **** just gets worse and your whole day is shot. Don't even mention the potentially bitchy pre-op/OR/PACU RNs or the scrub techs who think they know everything just because they know what and when to hand the surgeon an instrument. Don't forget, as a resident, if you end up with a jackass attending that exact same day, enjoy the cherry on top of an awesome **** brownie. Of course, there are plenty of good days too, as with any specialty. Is it any wonder why an Anesthesiologist's #1 drug of choice is good ole booze?

I definitely had days like that in residency and it sucked. Fortunately those days are extremely rare in my practice. As a whole, the surgeons and ancillary staff I work with are great and we are a well respected specialty in the hospital.

Reactions: 1 users
She should have taken George Thoroughgood's advice.