Are letters of intent unethical in a 'blind match' system?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zaztong

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of sending a letter of intent to my first choice, but not sure if it violates TMDSAS policy as 'blind match'.

I assume it's similar to the national residency match program where applicants are not supposed to tell residency programs their ranking.

Members don't see this ad.

Applicants and residency programs are both allowed to tell one another their rank - they aren't allowed to request that information from the other party. No idea for TMDSAS

I am thinking of sending a letter of intent to my first choice, but not sure if it violates TMDSAS policy as 'blind match'.

I assume it's similar to the national residency match program where applicants are not supposed to tell residency programs their ranking.

It's highly unlikely to make ANY difference whatsoever, but is in no way 'against the rules'. The match makes yield calculations pretty different for Texas schools, so unless you have reason to believe that a particular school is hesitating only because they're not sure you really like them best (yeah, right) don't waste your time.