Are My chances ruined?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thaibrawler

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I looked over my secondary I submitted to a school and I noticed that I wrote another school instead of the one I was applying to.

Did i screw myself out of an interview?

:(

it was just in one sentence

Members don't see this ad.

I looked over my secondary I submitted to a school and I noticed that I wrote another school instead of the one I was applying to.

Did i screw myself out of an interview?

:(

yeah, i am afraid so...but it is just one school. so just worry about the other. best of luck

Which school did you write, and which school was it you were applying to?

Members don't see this ad :)
If I were in your situation, I would write a letter to the school acknowledging the mistake. In this letter make note of your desire to attend this school and your appreciation of their consideration of your application. I would avoid an attempt to tell them how it happened. It would sound mealymouthed. They know people are filling out X number of secondaries and mistakes happen. You might want to take this opportunity to update anything you have been doing since your primary was submitted; it can't hurt. As always ... be humble and appreciative.

I just edited

but it was an error in only one sentence but had the name right throughout the secondary. I was writing two in one day..not a good idea

thanks for the feedback

I would have to think you now have no chance. Its like calling one girl you are trying to date by another girl's name.

I would have to think you now have no chance. Its like calling one girl you are trying to date by another girl's name.

haha great analogy

Haha, that's the best analogy I've heard for medical school admissions boards. Women on dates...

on a different level, does that mean that saying another school's name on an interview is like saying another girls name in bed?

on a different level, does that mean that saying another school's name on an interview is like saying another girls name in bed?

lol, that's what I was thinking.

I really don't think this is true...I mean schools know you are applying to many schools. They know that med applicants are stressed and rushing their apps (esp if you are doing it now like I am). Just recently, I submitted a secondary to a top school via snail mail. Two days later I got an email basically saying 'hey ******, you forgot to sign the application send that page asap'. I called them and the lady laughed, said it was no big deal, and that these kinda things happen all the time. So cross your fingers, and explain to them the mistake and hope for the best. I am sure it'll be ok.

It's not the end of the world. I did the same thing and got a interview.

Very nice continuation of the anology... Something tells me that both would give you that horribly hopeless sinking feeling the instant after you'd done it.

I'd almost rather do it in an interview though because the spoken word is fleeting whereas the written word stays there in all its glory.

Bit off-topic, but any chance you're the same Thaibrawler from the old ichigos forum?

I hope it didn't look like this:

"I have wanted to attend (paste school name here) all my life. Having thoroughly reviewed your online information and having discussed (paste school name here) with many people, (paste school name here) is definitely my first choice."

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

haha...great analogy...but i've done that and still been able to get away from it. It really helps to admit the mistake and make up an excuse that you had just talked to the other person and your brain just didnt work or some other bs (i know its not the most honest thing...but whatever works =).

I think this could work for the medical school too. Every school knows you're filling out tons of these forms, and they all know that a lot of it is being cut and paste because they ask the same questions. Just say you were under a lot of stress at the time (and secondaries are very stressful) and for some reason that other school just popped in your mind. You're definately going to have to write to them and explain to them that though or else yours is going straight for the garbage!