Are my Credentials Competitive enough for PGY1?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mikalaj

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm a recent grad, and I'm about to apply for pgy1. I have a masters in biomedical science in addition to the PharmD. I've done clinical and public health research, my GPA is a B average from pharm school, and I chaired multiple positions in my frat in pharm school, as well as a tutoring program I ran outside of school. I've heard that it all comes down to how you vibe with the interviewers on your interview day. Does this outweigh grades, poster presentations, club memberships etc.?

Members don't see this ad.

All your resume does is get you the interview. Beyond that, it’s all on you and how things go that day.

Agree with projektreverb. You sound like a great interview candidate provided you have good references and don't bomb your letter of intent. However, the interview is EVERYTHING when it comes to ranking. CV stats may be used to choose between close candidates but not to put you above someone who interviewed better.

Thank you both for this insight! I feel so much better about applying.