are ralphs and fred meyer the same? interning out of state?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmcat33

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey i have 2 questions here pretty simple...

1- does anyone know if ralphs and fred meyer are the same thing? I know someone who works at fred meyer and they said ralphs has the same computer system since some people can do their training at a ralphs even if they work at fred meyer. does anyone know?

2- for interning, is it possible for pharmacy students to get internships out of state? like in california there are no fred meyers, but in oregon there are, so if I wanted to work at fred meyer in the summer would I be able to interview with ralphs (since they are both kroger) and have them place me in oregon? or like if i applied with kaiser could I request to work in oregon as a first priority and cali as a second?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
so theyre not the same? if i worked for ralphs in socal would they let me transfer to fred meyer in oregon?

For that, you're going to have to call human resources at a Fred Meyer and ask. I sure don't know, I gave you all the information a google search could bring me. ;) BTW, you're better to try to get a job in Washington, we have Fred Meyer there too. No state income taxes in WA.

For that, you're going to have to call human resources at a Fred Meyer and ask. I sure don't know, I gave you all the information a google search could bring me. ;) BTW, you're better to try to get a job in Washington, we have Fred Meyer there too. No state income taxes in WA.
yea theres not much on google lol but i would imagine there has to be some type of connection in the pharmacy between ralphs and fred meyer. i know someone who was able to work for cvs in CA during the school year and in MA during the summer. im trying to do something like that