Are the 2016 Kaplan books sufficient or invest in 2020 version?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ryze

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I have the 2016 Kaplan MCAT books. Will these books be good enough to prep for the MCAT? Or is it worth investing in the new 2020 books?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, I used the 2016 version for my exam earlier this year. And my friend who used my Kaplan review book also did well on the MCAT.

Reactions: 1 users
Agreed, most post 2015 content for the MCAT will be more or less the same. If you were to get another set of books, I'd get another author's, as no book covers everything. I personally used Kaplan + EK, but if you wanna save money, you can use the KA online notes.

Kevin W, MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

even the books are overkill for a "passing score". I mostly used the free Kaplan quicksheets, alongside the Kaplan and UWORLD Q-banks to fill in any gaps (mostly for P/S). Was enough for a 513.

even the books are overkill for a "passing score". I mostly used the free Kaplan quicksheets, alongside the Kaplan and UWORLD Q-banks to fill in any gaps (mostly for P/S). Was enough for a 513.
Ehh. Depends largely on what kind of score you want. There were def a few questions on my exam that Kaplan never covered but that was probably the 1%

Reactions: 1 user