Are the new EK tests worth buying?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Should I do these tests over TPR/Kaplan practice tests? Is EK more similar to the new MCAT - AAMC style? I'm hesitating on putting down $200 for these tests, so would really appreciate input on how useful they really are!

Members don't see this ad.

Short answer: they're useful.

Long answer: check the Compilation of Commentary on the New Exam link in my sig, and go to the practice materials section. You can find additional reviews there for EK exams, and most are positive.

Go through all the comments in jelly's signature and you'll find there isn't much consensus on what is best amongst various test companies. So people hate everything about TPR strategy; some think it is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Some got nothing out of KA and thought it wasn't anything like the real mcat; others thought it was great practice.

The one thing THERE IS consensus about however is that EK full lengths are very valuable. That tells you all you need to know right there. Buy them.

Essentially there are 4-5 realistic tests for this new MCAT. The released AAMC test. The Question Bank released by the AAMC. And the 3 Exam Krackers Exams. Any verbal from old AAMC tests is fantastic practice and I would still go ahead and do the bio on old MCATs as well. Nothing beats passages written by the AAMC and many old Bio passages are still on subjects that are fair game for this MCAT. They will be written somewhat differently and the focus can be somewhat different so I wouldn't use those scores as an indicator of where you are for the new MCAT but still definitely do them. When the second new AAMC MCAT practice test comes out in the fall, that will be a huge boost as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user