Are there any mild to serious runners at MSU?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docflanny

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be a first year student at MSUCOM this fall. I just started getting actively into running this year, running about 6 days a week. I find it to be a great stress reliever. I didn't find a running/marathon club listed at the MSU website, but was curious if there were any loosely formed running clubs or just a few students that ran on a regular basis. Let me know.

------------------
Matt Flannigan
MSUCOM Class of 2004

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Doc!

You will be glad to know that MSUCOM sponsors 2 races that I know of. One is the SOMA race in early October and the other is Ellen's Race, around July 24th.

There are lots of races around the Lansing area - the Dinosaur Dash is one, and there are others near the capitol. I am sure you will find other runners in your class.

Good luck!

2bdoc,

Thanks for the reply. I wasn't sure if I'd get many hits on that one. It doesn't seem to me that many people enjoy running longer distances. So are you a MSUCOM student now? If so, what year and what impressions have you had so far? See you in a couple weeks.

------------------
Matt Flannigan
MSUCOM Class of 2004

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Matt! I am glad to see that another Grand Rapidian will be attending MSUCOM (Class of 2004). I actually live in Wyoming, a suburb of Grand Rapids. Are you excited to start medical school? I wonder if there are other students from Grand Rapids. I will see you at orientation.

Mai Trieu
MSUCOM '04

Mai,

There are actually a few more Grand Rapidians that will be at COM this year. One of them is my current and future roommmate Dan O' Donnell. Both of us graduated from Aquinas. See you at orientation.

Both Dan and I are getting quite excited to quit our current jobs and get settled in a nice new apartment in E.L. Hopefully, orientation week will be more than the basic lecture schedule they sent to us. I definitely want to get to know our class outside of the formal setting before everything heats up.

Talk to you later.

------------------
Matt Flannigan
MSUCOM Class of 2004