Are traditional years for osteopaths as bad as I hear?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Stevewonders90

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I do a traditional year (without any match into other programs) is this really a kiss of death?

I have poor scores- failed first comlex. USMLE 1 was deent. passed comlex 2 and only started applying late- like end of oct. I have interviews but at programs Im not interested in.

My goal is to take the usmle step 2 and rock it out and do a traditional year residency and reapply.

is this a bad idea ? Should I just go to the IM programs I get int at and hope I get in and do those instead?

What is the consensus on this.

Members don't see this ad.

If I do a traditional year (without any match into other programs) is this really a kiss of death?

I have poor scores- failed first comlex. USMLE 1 was deent. passed comlex 2 and only started applying late- like end of oct. I have interviews but at programs Im not interested in.

My goal is to take the usmle step 2 and rock it out and do a traditional year residency and reapply.

is this a bad idea ? Should I just go to the IM programs I get int at and hope I get in and do those instead?

What is the consensus on this.
Yes, this is a bad idea. It won't matter what you get on 2CK, it won't make up for the rest of your app. Just rank the programs you have and hope for the best.

Reactions: 1 user