Argh....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Envision

Envisioning...
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So i just got a letter from UCSF. it says my file is incomplete because they havent reiceved my official transcripts. First, i emailed them a few times and they are very adamant about not disclosing any info on my current status and i found nothing on aadsas suplemental website that instructed me to mail in my official transcripts from all universities i have attended which bugs me because i would have otherwise satisfied this seemingly redundant requirement. second, whats the point of aadsas if they still want me to submit my official transcripts?! unfortunately, i attended several schools and so this is a very frustrating and annoying process. im looking over aadsas sup info and i found that some schools ask for an offical transcript to be mailed in..ie UOP. all this time i figured they meant the package that AADSAS sent them but now im not so certain. anyway, does anyone know of any other schools that require an additional copy of your official transcripts to be sent in? thanx.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd like to know too.

ucla req's college and high school

So i just got a letter from UCSF. it says my file is incomplete because they havent reiceved my official transcripts. First, i emailed them a few times and they are very adamant about not disclosing any info on my current status and i found nothing on aadsas suplemental website that instructed me to mail in my official transcripts from all universities i have attended which bugs me because i would have otherwise satisfied this seemingly redundant requirement. second, whats the point of aadsas if they still want me to submit my official transcripts?! unfortunately, i attended several schools and so this is a very frustrating and annoying process. im looking over aadsas sup info and i found that some schools ask for an offical transcript to be mailed in..ie UOP. all this time i figured they meant the package that AADSAS sent them but now im not so certain. anyway, does anyone know of any other schools that require an additional copy of your official transcripts to be sent in? thanx.

aiyayay... i still have to send my secondary.

i don't think you have to send in additional official transcripts on top
of aadsas for UoP. On their website, it says

Send Directly to The Associated American Dental School Application Service (AADSAS):

AADSAS Application
The AADSAS application is an online application that you can access from the American Dental Education Association (ADEA) website. The downloadable paper application has been discontinued. Individuals who absolutely cannot submit an online application should contact AADSAS in writing to request special accommodations. To receive an application from ADEA, log onto: http//www.adea.org/AADSAS/ . We recommend that you apply as early as June but no later than October. The official deadline is December 1.

Letters of evaluation
Three letters of evaluation are required. If your undergraduate institution has a pre-health advisory committee, a committee evaluation is recommended. Otherwise you must submit two letters of evaluation from science instructors and an additional letter from a health care professional or employer. Additional letters of evaluation from health care professionals who know you well may be submitted at your discretion.

Official transcripts
Send official transcripts from all colleges, universities, and professional schools you have attended.

ucla req's college and high school

UCLA requires these ONLY with the supplemental application. Remember, you need to send in your supp app within 10 days of receiving your (yellow) UCLA card. I wish you the best of luck!

hey envision, you have time.

they wont start looking through the apps until october. I think if you get them in by then you should be okay to go.

goodluck and root for wanderlei silva tonight

official transcripts are transcripts that come directly from the university with no middle man. the transcripts from aadsas aren't official, they are things that you type in yourself. therefore they can be forged.
It is usually not difficult to send transcripts. At some schools, you can go online to request them to be sent. otherwise all you have to do is go in and fill out a form.

but i agree. aadsas is ******ed and pointless

official transcripts are transcripts that come directly from the university with no middle man. the transcripts from aadsas aren't official, they are things that you type in yourself. therefore they can be forged.
It is usually not difficult to send transcripts. At some schools, you can go online to request them to be sent. otherwise all you have to do is go in and fill out a form.

but i agree. aadsas is ******ed and pointless

The grades i enter may be forged, but the point of aadsas is to verify the grades i input with the official transcripts i sent them, which guarantees authenticity. With regards to sending in official transcripts, im totally cool with it, i just wish i knew ahead of time. thus, the point of this thread is not only to vent (though it is a little..hehe) but to serve as an aggregate for all schools that require official transcripts sent in seperate from aadsas.

so this means what we read on aadsas may not the most up-to-date and/or accurate. "Arg" indeed.

I talked with AADSAS many times while I was filling the application. They told me that they will send my application with a copy of official transcripts to each school that I have applied. Since AADSAS is a an organization that schools depend on for the priliminary information, I did not have second thoughts. Are you guys sure that we need to resubmit the official transcripts to the schools again?

Thanks

I talked with AADSAS many times while I was filling the application. They told me that they will send my application with a copy of official transcripts to each school that I have applied. Since AADSAS is a an organization that schools depend on for the priliminary information, I did not have second thoughts. Are you guys sure that we need to resubmit the official transcripts to the schools again?

Thanks

oh yeah, we're sure...but only some schools have this stupid policy

Straight off the school's website: "You should follow the instructions to complete your AADSAS application. Please be aware that, a second set of transcripts will be required by the school, if you receive the secondary application."
I think it is the applicant's responsibility to find out what the school requires. They are nice enough to inform you. You should be thankful for that instead of screaming and blaming.

Straight off the school's website: "You should follow the instructions to complete your AADSAS application. Please be aware that, a second set of transcripts will be required by the school, if you receive the secondary application."
I think it is the applicant's responsibility to find out what the school requires. They are nice enough to inform you. You should be thankful for that instead of screaming and blaming.

What im thankful for: Scrubs, the SDN community, and last but not least the "freedom to scream and blame" while asking for help.

Thanx for the words of wisdom, I'l carry it with me forever and ever. Again, i pointed out that the point of this thread was not simply to vent...it was to serve as a discussion/aggregation of schools that do have these requirements. true we can all find out ourselves, but thats not saying we can't utilize the forums to exchange information to make life a little more convinient for everyone. in fact, i think thats the point of the forums. Not to mention, if you applied to 21 different schools while preparing for finals...you'l probably be speaking in a different key. As for my "screaming and blaming," well i hardly consider it that..but in anycase ii was frustrated...gimme a break. your more then welcome to include your input...but cool it with the high and mighty demeanor.

mm.. nobody was screaming and blaming.