Ask ADA to Submit DAT Scores?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hh24

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello I was wondering if we have to also request ADA to submit our DAT scores to schools if we have already submitted our ADEA AADSAS app (that have the official scores already).

The reason I am asking is because when I emailed AADSAS about the delay in the upload of my DAT scores that I took last summer they said that I should still request ADA to submit official scores to the schools because they are expecting a hard copy along with the electronic one from AADSAS.

Can someone clarify this for me? I know it seems silly because the email clearly stated to request, but I have not seen any posts on anyone doing this, and requesting ADA to send those scores to all the schools on my list is also very costly.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I've read on several threads that it is unnecessary to send the scores individually to schools- apparently you only need to select one school to have scores sent to when you sign up for the DAT, and then your scores will automatically be sent to AADSAS, and then through AADSAS to any other school you apply to.

I'm having a similar issue right now, as my scores seem to be taking FOREVER to upload to AADSAS. I took the test on 5/13/15 and they have yet to show up. I have watched a bunch of other applicants report in other threads that their scores from May have been uploaded :( When I called AADSAS the first time they said to call the ADA and have them re-sent. The ADA told me to sit tight, and that they had been sent on 5/26. And then today, finally someone at AADSAS told me they would look into it deeper and to call back if they weren't uploaded by Monday. Still, not ideal. But long story short- It seems like some of the AADSAS reps know a little bit less (and are a little less helpful) than others. Maybe try calling/emailing again and see if you can find someone else to reassure you?

Are your scores still not uploaded? Need someone to commiserate with me :grumpy:

I've read on several threads that it is unnecessary to send the scores individually to schools- apparently you only need to select one school to have scores sent to when you sign up for the DAT, and then your scores will automatically be sent to AADSAS, and then through AADSAS to any other school you apply to.

I'm having a similar issue right now, as my scores seem to be taking FOREVER to upload to AADSAS. I took the test on 5/13/15 and they have yet to show up. I have watched a bunch of other applicants report in other threads that their scores from May have been uploaded :( When I called AADSAS the first time they said to call the ADA and have them re-sent. The ADA told me to sit tight, and that they had been sent on 5/26. And then today, finally someone at AADSAS told me they would look into it deeper and to call back if they weren't uploaded by Monday. Still, not ideal. But long story short- It seems like some of the AADSAS reps know a little bit less (and are a little less helpful) than others. Maybe try calling/emailing again and see if you can find someone else to reassure you?

Are your scores still not uploaded? Need someone to commiserate with me :grumpy:

Glad to get some closure!! Yes unfortunately still not uploaded. I keep checking back under official scores almost everyday. I took my DAT August 2014. Its been 10 days since they replied to me. Hopefully they get to it soon. If they update mine I'll post here again. I'd appreciate it if you can keep me posted too. :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

Glad to get some closure!! Yes unfortunately still not uploaded. I keep checking back under official scores almost everyday. I took my DAT August 2014. Its been 10 days since they replied to me. Hopefully they get to it soon. If they update mine I'll post here again. I'd appreciate it if you can keep me posted too. :)

Some things for you guys to check:

Make sure your Dentpin is absolutely correct. You can edit this by going to the left column and clicking on Account information under My Profile.

Also, make sure you've entered all of your biographic information is correctly entered as well (especially your birthday).

These two things prevent your DAT from being synched with your application.

Will do @hh24 !! I've been refreshing mine about 50 times a day, or at least that's what it feels like!

Some things for you guys to check:

Make sure your Dentpin is absolutely correct. Also, make sure you've entered all of your biographic information is correctly entered as well (especially your birthday).

These two things prevent your DAT from being synched with your application.

Done and done. Several times. Plus, my old scores from 2011 are showing up, so I know all of my info has to be correct. They just aren't uploaded yet.

Done and done. Several times. Plus, my old scores from 2011 are showing up, so I know all of my info has to be correct. They just aren't uploaded yet.

Weird then. I hope it gets worked out soon for you!

I'm having the same problem and I took my DAT 3 weeks ago!

If I e-submitted my app before my DAT scores and transcripts were uploaded on AADSAS, they will be updated right? I know I'm still waiting, but I'm freaking out that I did something wrong.

I'm having the same problem and I took my DAT 3 weeks ago!

If I e-submitted my app before my DAT scores and transcripts were uploaded on AADSAS, they will be updated right? I know I'm still waiting, but I'm freaking out that I did something wrong.

I'm pretty sure they will be uploaded soon, given that you entered your DENTPIN and birthday correctly, and selected at least one school to receive your scores when you signed up for the test, you should be fine. If you're concerned I would call AADSAS but they are really backed up right now.

UPDATE: just checked and mine are posted! No actual scores seen. Just the date the test was taken and the date the scores were uploaded onto application. Good luck to all of you if you are worried about the upload, be patient! It will be okay :)

@quigz @tarheel616

UPDATE: just checked and mine are posted! No actual scores seen. Just the date the test was taken and the date the scores were uploaded onto application. Good luck to all of you if you are worried about the upload, be patient! It will be okay :)

@quigz @tarheel616

You can see your whole application at any time by going to the dental school designation link in the middle column (not the one on the right). Once you click on that, the far right column says application pdf. Your scores are displayed in there.

You can see your whole application at any time by going to the dental school designation link in the middle column (not the one on the right). Once you click on that, the far right column says application pdf. Your scores are displayed in there.

Thanks for the tip!