Assigning LORs (I am dumb)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

XOXO123

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm dumb and assumed that assigning LORs for AACOMAS would work the same as for AMCAS and that I would upload them all and then specify which schools they should go to, and it would appear that that is not the case. Totally my fault for not paying more attention. I did realize it before I had sent all my letters from interfolio to the app, so it'll end up just being one letter that will get sent to schools that I don't think they want. For reference, the schools in question are CCOM (wants one DO and one science letter) and OUHCOM (wants two science and one DO letter) and the accidental letter is a non science from a public health professor. The schools' websites make it sound as if they do not want any letters outside of their requirements. Would the best thing to do be to email admissions and ask them to disregard the extra letter? I feel so so dumb for messing this up, so basically just looking for advice on what to do or thoughts on how this will affect me.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
They already have the letters, just let it be.

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I'm in the same boat. I had no idea we couldn't pick and choose what schools get what for AACOMAS. So, I have 6 letters in AACOMAS! (2 sci, 2 DO, 2 nonsci). Does this mean all my schools will get all 6 of my letters???? I was planning on submitting only like 4 to each. I'm a little confused.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry to hijack this thread, but I'm in the same boat. I had no idea we couldn't pick and choose what schools get what for AACOMAS. So, I have 6 letters in AACOMAS! (2 sci, 2 DO, 2 nonsci). Does this mean all my schools will get all 6 of my letters???? I was planning on submitting only like 4 to each. I'm a little confused.
Yes.

From what I have been told they are good about picking out the ones they need. In some of the secondaries I got they even asked for which ones they wanted me to choose.