At fear of failing next semester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Areola

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I barely passed Neuro and Physio. Next semester we will have pathology and microbiology as well as ICM. There is no way I can pass these if I can't even pass Neuro and Physio without the school giving me a bump in 0.5% like they did in Physio and Neuro.

Members don't see this ad.

Okay. So then? You have a pretty name.

Reactions: 1 user
Keep thinking that way and you won't. There are plenty of kids who had to do multiple retakes for both, neuro and micro in MS-1, and are successfully completing MS-2 now. I recommend that you make friends with people who do well, and study the way they do. Do pretty much everything the way they do. Other than drugs.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I barely passed Neuro and Physio. Next semester we will have pathology and microbiology as well as ICM. There is no way I can pass these if I can't even pass Neuro and Physio without the school giving me a bump in 0.5% like they did in Physio and Neuro.
Great fatalistic attitude. Keep it up.

Work hard? People everywhere wish they could be in your shoes. How do you study for these courses? Were those your only two courses/how did you do int he rest of the courses?

i don't think anyone here believes you are serious, or even a medical student. Say something medical to prove everyone wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Specifically something about acetylcholine at the NMJ. Maybe Areola was the mystery man Anasto met in the club that night.
I was first year then. Now I gots mad complicated questions for those boys.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I was first year then. Now I gots mad complicated questions for those boys.

You should just ask them what it means if you want to try positions that they can't handle.

Though they might interpret that as a come-on. User beware...

You should just ask them what it means if you want to try positions that they can't handle.

Though they might interpret that as a come-on. User beware...
I never used that mnemonic. Plus I bet lots of premeds would know that one, no?

Never?

How else did you memorize the carpals?
By playing with the bones and remembering the articulations and insertions? But when I ran it through my head just now, I was uncertain of whether trapezium or trapezoid articulates with the first metacarpal.

Almost every mnemonic I used is related to the order of veins, arteries, nerves in some space.

By playing with the bones and remembering the articulations and insertions?

SweetBrown.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
You want weird? A friend smuggled and sold me the bones of one side of a body (no skull - too expensive) + the guy I was seeing at the time would yell for me to get the bones out of the bed when it's time to sleep.

You want weird? A friend smuggled and sold me the bones of one side of a body (no skull - too expensive) + the guy I was seeing at the time would yell for me to get the bones out of the bed when it's time to sleep.
Real human bones? Where did he get them? Not sure if really cool or creepy.

There was only one bone he wanted you to play with in bed. badum tish

Sometimes I think you're a caricature. That being said, I hope you do well on Step 1 - you deserve it with that level of dedication.

Would you say he was getting... boned in bed?

Last edited:
Would you say he was getting... boned in bed?

Actually he'd cringe and yell for me to get away when I'd try to bone him (touch him with the bones).

Ugh, puns are so gross. Even when I'm the one making them.

Actually he'd cringe and yell for me to get away when I'd try to bone him (touch him with the bones).

Ugh, puns are so gross. Even when I'm the one making them.

Well you're definitely doing boning wrong. Maybe you're more like Ark than we all realized :p