At what age to have children?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

At what age do you (plan to) have children?

• 20-25

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • 26-29

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • 30-35

Votes: 36 54.5%
  • 36-40

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • I never plan to have children

Votes: 5 7.6%

• Total voters
how can you not have pets????
My wife asks me all the time to get one for her and I. But I have a hefty work schedule, and we try to travel as much as we can (she is Australian and visits her family there once a year for 3 weeks, so that would be an issue for the pet too). I plan on cutting back to 4.5 days week schedule this fall, to make more room to enjoy life. Maybe then...

Members don't see this ad.

My wife asks me all the time to get one for her and I. But I have a hefty work schedule, and we try to travel as much as we can (she is Australian and visits her family there once a year for 3 weeks, so that would be an issue for the pet too). I plan on cutting back to 4.5 days week schedule this fall, to make more room to enjoy life. Maybe then...

You should get a talking parrot, dress it up in scrubs, make it sit on your shoulders, and have it explain the diagnosis to your patients....

Reactions: 1 users
You could get a little box turtle, I've had the same one that someone gave to me since I was seven years old, and I'm 26 now. He is seriously like a plant, doesn't really do much or need very much care. He is very cute but you could seriously leave him for a week at a time and he would be perfectly fine (not that I'm advocating you do that, but he is seriously the most low-maintenance pet I've ever had).

I had my first and only child at 19 and wasn't near family or in-laws for support. The optimal time is really anytime you have a support system in the early years (so crucial!) and for females especially, an extremely supportive partner. I begin dental school June 1st so I guess I'll report back, eh? My kid is of school-age now so I can now rely on scheduled enrichment programs.

Reactions: 1 user