Attn: Drexel Away Rotation students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AA|FCB|DOC

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am MS1 at Drexel university and I am originally from California. One of the biggest reasons I chose Drexel was due to the opportunity to do away rotations at kaiser permenente in Sacramento. I wanted to get some insight about this from current and previous students at Drexel .I know it is a lottery based system, but were there any preferences given to California residents? Was it easy to get a position or was demand high for these spots? Also, is there anything you recommend so that I can increase my chances for getting a spot? Thanks in advance for your input.

Members don't see this ad.

From what I was told, it isn't really too much of an issue going to a certain location, especially if you're open to doing all of your cores there. Hit up one of the 4th years, normally there's a rep for every class... or you can just email student affairs.

Reactions: 1 user
From what I was told, it isn't really too much of an issue going to a certain location, especially if you're open to doing all of your cores there. Hit up one of the 4th years, normally there's a rep for every class... or you can just email student affairs.

Thanks, I will contact one of them. Do you remember how many Californians you had in your class? I know there are usually 16 -20 spots open but there are 35 Californians in my class. I would assume not every single one wants to go to Sacramento, but then again not sure if some east coast students would want to go there too. That's why it will be interesting to see if there is CA resident priority.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks, I will contact one of them. Do you remember how many Californians you had in your class? I know there are usually 16 -20 spots open but there are 35 Californians in my class. I would assume not every single one wants to go to Sacramento, but then again not sure if some east coast students would want to go there too. That's why it will be interesting to see if there is CA resident priority.
I'm not even from Drexel. I just know a few people there, one of whom was from CA.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone else with any info on this :)
kyfy3r

Why don't you just ask upperclassmen at your school, or whichever department is responsible for placing students in rotations?