Auburn c/o 2016 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No she has to finish at least 2 years at our university to get her bachelors. She wanted to maybe try and transfer to the school that I go to, but it doesn't seem likely with schools I will be going to (either Auburn, VMRCVM, or SGU). She's just upset that I'm "leaving her" after dating over a year and not putting off vet school. She doesn't feel like long distance is going to work and I'm not sure it would either, especially if I go as far as St. George University in Grenada. Its a sad predicament. She wasnt supportive at all when I was freaking out about my interviews and waiting on acceptances. I guess thats just how it goes. But I'm not here on SDN to complain about it.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah my girlfriend isn't taking it too well that I applied to SGU and got accepted. Although she's not taking it too well about any of the veterinary schools I could potentially go to since none are that close to Florida. I just couldn't hold off after working this hard, ya know?
She's just upset that I'm "leaving her" after dating over a year and not putting off vet school. She doesn't feel like long distance is going to work and I'm not sure it would either, especially if I go as far as St. George University in Grenada. Its a sad predicament. She wasnt supportive at all when I was freaking out about my interviews and waiting on acceptances. I guess thats just how it goes. But I'm not here on SDN to complain about it.
I've been with my boyfriend for almost 4 years now. He knew when we started dating that I wanted to go to vet school and understands that it requires me to move away. To me, my career comes before him. He plans to follow me, but it will be really tough for him to find a job in some places, so I may have to wait a while for him to earn enough to make the move. :/ We are in a long distance relationship now (he followed me to my Auburn interview, but I don't think you saw him). I thought he wasn't going to support me in my application because he doesn't want me to move so soon, but he's been supportive of me waiting on interviews and decisions so far! I'm glad I have him to comfort me when I'm rejected. :laugh:

You aren't just "leaving her" by going to vet school. This is something you've wanted and worked hard for. It takes a lot just to get accepted. If it won't work as a long distance relationship, it may not have worked in the first place. I hope you can work things out. Even if she can't transfer to VMRCVM or Auburn if you get accepted, she could look into universities near whichever one you attend.

My bf always goes back and forth between his feelings about me wanting to go to vet school. But he's not really worried about us having to move - yes, he would go with me. I am the only reason he still lives in the US. He's just worried about the debt. He is fully supportive though of me shadowing a lot, trying to get internships, going to shows etc. It takes away from our time together whenever we get to see each other (he lives two hours away), but he's super proud of me for doing what I do. And he loves showing off with me to his friends. hahaha

If your girlfriend is not supportive of your dream, will she ever be supportive of anything you want to do if it doesn't fit into her plans? A relationship shouldn't be about changing your life to fit hers, but trying to make them match together so everybody can do what they wish to do. It's not all about her or all about you, it's about you two together.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sorry to hear your gf isn't super supportive of your dream Zpearl. When something has been your dream for so long and you've worked so hard to achieve it, you don't want to necessarily worry about other people involved, but you do. I'm in a sort of similar situation. I'm in a fairly new relationship (we had met, but weren't together when I applied to vet school) and out of all the places I've applied to/interview at, I've only been accepted to Glasgow. Luckily he's being supportive, but I'm not sure what it means for us. I don't think he'd move to the UK for me since we've only been together a few months and I'm not sure he'd be into that type of long distance, especially since we already are a sort of long distance couple and don't see each other as frequently as we'd like. Then there is the added complication that my ex ( our relationship only ended because I live here and he lives in the UK) would be about 2 hours from me by train. And as much as I want to be a vet, I am worried about having to deal with that kind of break up again since it took such a negative toll on my physically and emotionally. There is the added issue of me being completely broke right now too so I can't even contribute to my CoA at all. So, I still don't know what I'm going to do, but I hope everything works out for you and wishing you all the best.

Thanks guys. I think my girlfriend is supportive of me wanting to be a veterinarian. We've just spent nearly every single day together since we've been together, and I think she's developed a bit of emotional dependence on me. She knew I was going to apply to vet school when we started dating but I guess she would hope I'd put it off. She now just kinda sees the relationship as a ticking clock and begs me every night to come up with a solution. It's pretty upsetting but I can't put off vet school.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I think my girlfriend is supportive of me wanting to be a veterinarian. We've just spent nearly every single day together since we've been together, and I think she's developed a bit of emotional dependence on me. She knew I was going to apply to vet school when we started dating but I guess she would hope I'd put it off. She now just kinda sees the relationship as a ticking clock and begs me every night to come up with a solution. It's pretty upsetting but I can't put off vet school.

I'm proud of you for standing your ground. A lot of people give up their dreams for the one they love and it leads to nothing but regret and remorse; especially if the relationship doesn't work out. I myself have been with my bf for almost 5 years and if I get in this year he won't be able to come for at least a semester to a year because he hasn't finished his degree yet. It's hard to think about because we have never been more than 7 mins away (driving time) from one another but he is very supportive of my career choice. The only way that I can look at it in a positive light is that the distance will help decide if our relationship is strong enough to last. If you both love each other, trust each other, and take the time to keep up the long distance relationship then it will all work out.

For those of you alternates patiently waiting for those accepted to decline, I just got my acceptance to my in-state (WI) and I am 99.9% sure I am staying in WI. Therefore, once all my paperwork for WI is filed, there will be a spot for Auburn opening up. Good luck to all! :luck:

For those of you alternates patiently waiting for those accepted to decline, I just got my acceptance to my in-state (WI) and I am 99.9% sure I am staying in WI. Therefore, once all my paperwork for WI is filed, there will be a spot for Auburn opening up. Good luck to all! :luck:

I don't want your pitty spot! ;)

... ok I'll take it :oops::xf:

And CONGRATS on WI, FTV!!!!! :)

Last edited:
On the other hand I've actually just accepted my spot at auburn! And just wanted to put some feelers out for a Facebook group or anything? Also am planning on buying a 2br trailer and getting a roommate so let me know if you're interested in any of that as well or have any suggestions on parks/trailers for sale! :)

On the other hand I've actually just accepted my spot at auburn! And just wanted to put some feelers out for a Facebook group or anything? Also am planning on buying a 2br trailer and getting a roommate so let me know if you're interested in any of that as well or have any suggestions on parks/trailers for sale! :)

A good time to work on that is during the Open House if you can make it. We will go over financial information with you and you will learn many MANY details about transitioning into the CVM. Also, there will be a good chance to look at places to live, pricing, and networking for roomates. My class had a facebook group by late Marchish when the AL/KY students were notified. When one is made, let us know and add some of the upper classmen and we'll help y'all with questions or whatever. That will be easier to minitor that these forums.

War Eagle

Congrats to all with acceptances. Now fellow in staters, who's nervous as hell like this guy? I expect that IS and contracts should be getting interview invites soon, anyone got any info?

A while back, Auburn mentioned in an email to me that IS and contract students will be getting their interview invites in late February and interviews will be in March (I am a Kentucky contract student and still have not heard anything). It should be any day now...

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
That's correct. The notifications I believe won't be getting mailed out until late February (maybe EARLY March.) Interviews are our spring break, March 12-16.

I turned down my spot a few days ago so hopefully one of you guys on the waitlist gets it :)

if we get pulled off the wait list before the April acceptance deadline... is Kaye going to let us know or do we have to wait until after deadline?

if we get pulled off the wait list before the April acceptance deadline... is Kaye going to let us know or do we have to wait until after deadline?

I think we stay on the waitlist until the 2012 entering class STARTS. Pretty much if something happens in August just before classes and someone drops out, you can take their spot if you're next on the waitlist. So I wouldn't drop off the waitlist if Auburn is your #1 and you didn't get in anywhere else.

I think we stay on the waitlist until the 2012 entering class STARTS. Pretty much if something happens in August just before classes and someone drops out, you can take their spot if you're next on the waitlist. So I wouldn't drop off the waitlist if Auburn is your #1 and you didn't get in anywhere else.

oops i meant it as if someone declines their seat now, will the first person on the wait list find out asap or not until after april 15th

oops i meant it as if someone declines their seat now, will the first person on the wait list find out asap or not until after april 15th

Good question. I'm pretty sure once someone declines, they can't take it back and say "nevermind I want back in". At least I don't think they can??:confused: So if that's the case I would assume they will tell us before, but you never know. Maybe they wait until after just to be sure that no one changes their minds???? :confused:

Good question. I'm pretty sure once someone declines, they can't take it back and say "nevermind I want back in". At least I don't think they can??:confused: So if that's the case I would assume they will tell us before, but you never know. Maybe they wait until after just to be sure that no one changes their minds???? :confused:

I'm almost POSITIVE that once you decline, you can't get your seat back. They would immediately offer the seat to the next in line on the waitlist. However, most students probably won't officially decide until close to the April deadline as they wait to collect all decisions from everywhere they applied. And as they go through the waitlist and stuff, I believe I was told most waitlisters will find out around June.

Well, they sent out a group of rejection letters last Friday apparently, a friend of mine got one yesterday after emailing about it and being told she had been sent one. I haven't received one as of yet, anyone else out there have anything? I am seriously starting to lose sleep over this.

Well, they sent out a group of rejection letters last Friday apparently, a friend of mine got one yesterday after emailing about it and being told she had been sent one. I haven't received one as of yet, anyone else out there have anything? I am seriously starting to lose sleep over this.
IS or OOS?

I have some questions for current students... Is tuition at Auburn locked in for all 4 years? Or is your tuition subject to increases? Are lectures recorded (audio or video) and posted somewhere, or are you just out of luck if you miss class? What is there to do in Auburn besides go to school? I didn't really see a whole lot besides campus while I was there for my interview, so I would like to hear what everyone does for fun (when/if there is time).
Thanks!!

Rocky - lectures are recorded in case you miss class. You won't really have time for fun, but there are some restaurants and bars to go to. I've heard a rumor about a karaoke bar. There's a swimming pool and gym on main campus... But I really wouldn't base your vet school decision about if there is something fun to do in town, cause you won't have time. lol.
I would ask Kaye about tuition.

I'm pretty sure it is subject to change as it just went up last year. There are plety of bars if that's your thing. There isn't a whole lot of "entertainment" in the area, but football season is a blast. Also, there are lots of groups to hang out with and plenty of things to do. Like Kizmet, there isn't too much extra time to get bored, but people pretty frequently make a trips to the beach, Atlanta, or Mongomery. Remember you're not here by yourself, with a class of 120 and other classes above you, someone is always doing something!

I'm going to decline my admission on Monday, so I really hope my sPot goes to Emiloo or someone else on here! And I hope they tell you before April

I really hope my spot goes to Emiloo or someone else on here!

:laugh: So do I!!! ;)
Thanks BlackDog, and congrats on having your decision made! I'm sure it feels AWESOME! :D

Just tell Kaye you are declining your spot and you would like it to go to me! :p

Now that my WI paperwork is done, I have officially emailed Auburn to decline my spot. Good luck waitlisters! :luck:

:laugh: So do I!!! ;)
Thanks BlackDog, and congrats on having your decision made! I'm sure it feels AWESOME! :D

Just tell Kaye you are declining your spot and you would like it to go to me! :p

"I demand it goes to Emiloo"... I'll let you know how that goes over with them:laugh:

:laugh: I won't leave my phone's side because I just KNOW this is gonna work!!!!! :rolleyes:

Emiloo, I really hope that you get in off the waitlist. Historically speaking, the waistlist doesn't move (at least they don't start making phone calls) until April 15th. Please don't worry too much until then. Also congrats on your Florida acceptance.:thumbup:

Emiloo, I really hope that you get in off the waitlist. Historically speaking, the waistlist doesn't move (at least they don't start making phone calls) until April 15th. Please don't worry too much until then. Also congrats on your Florida acceptance.:thumbup:

Thanks Wolfpack. Yeah I won't be getting my hopes up until then lol. I have to call Kaye about something this week so maybe I will try and get some relative waitlist position info while I um... have her on the line ;). I want Auburn SOOOO badly! No one wants to be a gator (especially not a seminole grad :p) when you can be an Auburn TIGER! WAR EAGLE BABY! :biglove:

I tried that when I was on the waitlist. She was pretty stoic about not budging on telling... but maybe she has loosened up in the past few years...

When is a good time to look for housing? Is May too late?

I tried that when I was on the waitlist. She was pretty stoic about not budging on telling... but maybe she has loosened up in the past few years...

I know of a few people who were told "You definitely aren't last on the list" or "You have a pretty good chance" all the way to "You should start planning on looking for housing here" so I have no clue... it never hurts to ask. All she can say is "Stop wasting my time" lol. In all seriousness I do have to ask her a question about a class but I don't hound her about the list. I can't imagine how annoyed she is with people asking that. I will wait like the patient applicant I am :rolleyes::laugh:

Hahah, well I was still going to school on main campus and worked in the SATH so I saw her frequently and would drop one-liners like, "how many people need to break legs" or "I'll cover my tracks." Maybe if you're more subtle...

I know of a few people who were told "You definitely aren't last on the list" or "You have a pretty good chance" all the way to "You should start planning on looking for housing here" so I have no clue... it never hurts to ask. All she can say is "Stop wasting my time" lol. In all seriousness I do have to ask her a question about a class but I don't hound her about the list. I can't imagine how annoyed she is with people asking that. I will wait like the patient applicant I am :rolleyes::laugh:
:) I have thought so many times about calling or e-mailing her regarding where I am on the wait list. I know she probably gets annoyed with all the questions about it when it clearly says in the e-mail sent to us that no information will be divulged. Still, such a temptation. Thanks to the info about how long the wait list is...I had no idea. Now instead of being so hopeful (I thought it was maybe only 20 long like at UF) I am a little more skeptical that I will even have a chance.

Thanks also (someone else) for the date of April 15th. Maybe I should stop compulsively checking my e-mail!

How long is the waitlist there? I called to ask my position because I'd have to take animal nutrition and she was extremely nice.

:) I have thought so many times about calling or e-mailing her regarding where I am on the wait list. I know she probably gets annoyed with all the questions about it when it clearly says in the e-mail sent to us that no information will be divulged. Still, such a temptation. Thanks to the info about how long the wait list is...I had no idea. Now instead of being so hopeful (I thought it was maybe only 20 long like at UF) I am a little more skeptical that I will even have a chance.

Thanks also (someone else) for the date of April 15th. Maybe I should stop compulsively checking my e-mail!

I know someone who got in off of the waitlist last year in mid-late march, so they don't necessarily wait until April 15 deadline but I'm sure thats when the majority of the applicants decline their spot. So I'll continue to compulsively check my email..:luck:

Anyone know of any OOS students that have gotten off the waitlist in past years?? :xf:

Anyone know of any OOS students that have gotten off the waitlist in past years?? :xf:

Do we personally know of someone, or do we know whether it happens or not?
Yes, many people are taken off the waitlist, but numbers vary every year. Did you have a specific question for someone that came off the waitlist or does that answer it?

How long is the waitlist there? I called to ask my position because I'd have to take animal nutrition and she was extremely nice.

I'd look into taking the class sooner rather than later. Auburn requires all courses be complete by June 15th. I'm taking it through Oklahoma State and they require a few weeks of processing before and after each exam. You definitely don't want to get called off the waitlist just to find out you won't finish the class in time.

I'd look into taking the class sooner rather than later. Auburn requires all courses be complete by June 15th. I'm taking it through Oklahoma State and they require a few weeks of processing before and after each exam. You definitely don't want to get called off the waitlist just to find out you won't finish the class in time.

Wow I'm glad you told me that. I had no idea it would take so long. Thanks! That's the exact course I'm planning on taking, too. How long does it take for the whole course then?

Wow I'm glad you told me that. I had no idea it would take so long. Thanks! That's the exact course I'm planning on taking, too. How long does it take for the whole course then?

Well it really depends on how fast you go, but it took several weeks to get my materials. They require 2 weeks notice before you take an exam so they can get the materials together and send them out. There are 5 exams. You also need to have all the assignments submitted before you can send in an exam request. You can definitely get it done but it's going to take a lot of work. Good luck and PM me if you have any other questions.

Well it really depends on how fast you go, but it took several weeks to get my materials. They require 2 weeks notice before you take an exam so they can get the materials together and send them out. There are 5 exams. You also need to have all the assignments submitted before you can send in an exam request. You can definitely get it done but it's going to take a lot of work. Good luck and PM me if you have any other questions.
I took both animal nutrition and animal science through Oklahoma. Went ok except for it seemed to take an inordinate amount of time to receive an exam. Also, they did let me request exams before I turned in all the assignments for the exam that I was requesting. That made the lag time less toward the end when I finally asked if I could do that.

When is a good time to look for housing? Is May too late?
I didn't start looking until late July/early August. :laugh: I was pushing the line there and got REALLY lucky. May is not too late but there are ton of people advertising trailers and apartments already.