Auburn c/o 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have mine tomorrow, but I live in Atlanta and I'm not sure how the weather is going to be getting there and then I'm more concerned about not being able to get back after the interview. Does anyone know when the last day of interviews is? I may have to reschedule. I hope they're willing to let me do that on such short notice.

Members don't see this ad.

I have mine tomorrow, but I live in Atlanta and I'm not sure how the weather is going to be getting there and then I'm more concerned about not being able to get back after the interview. Does anyone know when the last day of interviews is? I may have to reschedule. I hope they're willing to let me do that on such short notice.
I have my interview Thursday afternoon so they are at least running until then. I believe the weather here in Auburn is supposed to be rain almost all day Tuesday and Wednesday.

I have my interview Thursday afternoon so they are at least running until then. I believe the weather here in Auburn is supposed to be rain almost all day Tuesday and Wednesday.
Mine is Friday!

Members don't see this ad :)
Y'all I'm driving from Raleigh... This ice storm is gonna cramp my style.

EDIT: With Atlanta's interstate closed, how am I supposed to get there...?

EDIT AGAIN: we're rescheduling. :(.

Last edited:
Ok I have a question for those who already interviewed, or maybe those going this week could do me a favor and double check for me...

I was interviewed by Dr. Passler and Dr. Wolf. My question is, how do you spell Wolf? Lol I didn't think to write it down to make sure I was spelling it correct. Wolf? Wolfe? Wolff? Idk. If anyone could help me I would really appreciate it!! :)

Here's a link for a Dr. Dwight Wolfe if that is who you are looking for; hope this helps!
http://www.vetmed.auburn.edu/home/t...ch/reproduction/dr.-dwight-wolfe#.Uvo5smJdWE4

That is actually not the Dr. Wolfe who interviewed me lol and we joked about it because that professor has the beef barn named after him, but my interviewer said he was "the other dr. Wolfe" thanks for the help anyways though! I will just call Kaye to double check on the spelling, I was just trying to avoid bothering her!

My flight to Atlanta tomorrow got cancelled :( Kaye is having me do a videochat interview, which should be interesting. I'm glad I got to see the school last year, but I'm still bummed I won't get to go down there!

Reactions: 1 user
Sorry to hear that, but I must say I'm glad that they're keeping things moving. If I have to wait much longer, I'm afraid my brain will implode!

My flight to Atlanta tomorrow got cancelled :( Kaye is having me do a videochat interview, which should be interesting. I'm glad I got to see the school last year, but I'm still bummed I won't get to go down there!

Yesterday Kaye said if flights were cancelled and whatnot that they would not be doing skype interviews...? Weird /: well good luck! There's always the open house in March to visit...

Same problem here, except I've never been to Auburn before :(

Mine is on thursday and I'm so excited to get there! Driving over tomorrow from New Orleans :) I love Auburn, the campus is so amazing. I really can't wait to see the vet school!

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok I have a question for those who already interviewed, or maybe those going this week could do me a favor and double check for me...

I was interviewed by Dr. Passler and Dr. Wolf. My question is, how do you spell Wolf? Lol I didn't think to write it down to make sure I was spelling it correct. Wolf? Wolfe? Wolff? Idk. If anyone could help me I would really appreciate it!! :)

I interviewed with the same two :)

Dr. Lauren Wolfe was the older gentleman, and Dr. Thomas Passler was the younger one. Hope this helps!

Yes, his name is Lauren. It's ok, I was confused too.

I will not be able to make it down to my interview due to weather as well. Does anyone know more details about the online interview? I believe Kaye said I would be getting an email but I have not received anything yet. Anyone in the same boat?

I will not be able to make it down to my interview due to weather as well. Does anyone know more details about the online interview? I believe Kaye said I would be getting an email but I have not received anything yet. Anyone in the same boat?

I would call her this AM and confirm! She sent a few of us an email last night with the link and instructions. It's pretty straight forward but definitely call her (when I called to make sure everything was in place they had me down for a different day, so I'm glad I double checked with them).

I interviewed with the same two :)

Dr. Lauren Wolfe was the older gentleman, and Dr. Thomas Passler was the younger one. Hope this helps!

Yes, his name is Lauren. It's ok, I was confused too.

I was interviewed by them as well, but I'm confused by Dr. Wolfe's page on the website. He was telling me in the interview that he worked in pathobiology, but the webpage is saying theriogenology. And the picture kinda looks like him, but not exactly. Does anyone agree?

Does anyone remember the interviewers names on the left side of the hall? It wasn't Dr. Wolfe and Passler; it was a middle aged man professor and a woman with glasses.

Yeah I called early yesterday, and they told me they'd let me know what they were doing, but I haven't heard anything since.

I was interviewed by them as well, but I'm confused by Dr. Wolfe's page on the website. He was telling me in the interview that he worked in pathobiology, but the webpage is saying theriogenology. And the picture kinda looks like him, but not exactly. Does anyone agree?

That is a different Dr. Wolfe. The Dr. Wolfe on Auburn's website is the Dr. Wolfe that the beef barn was named after. The Dr. Wolfe who was interviewing with Dr. Passler is retired and I do not believe he was ever a professor at Auburn.

Does anyone remember the interviewers names on the left side of the hall? It wasn't Dr. Wolfe and Passler; it was a middle aged man professor and a woman with glasses.

The man with a white beard? That was Dr. Newton... I do not know the woman...

The woman was probably Dr. Tanner. She's super nice!

Yeah I called early yesterday, and they told me they'd let me know what they were doing, but I haven't heard anything since.
Same here. I confirmed that I am doing a Skype interview, but have not yet gotten an e-mail with instructions. I just called the office and was told that Kaye has been in interviews all day, so she will send e-mails/call later. So bummed I won't be able to see the school :(

My interview for tomorrow just got rescheduled for two hours from now! Not sure if I'm more or less stressed out! But yeah, not sure if I'll get a tour, I really want to see the school.

I just wanted to let you all know, the woman with Dr. Newton is Dr. Taintor haha. I made the same mistake! She was extremely nice, they both were! I love Auburn. It was so great that so many of the interviewers were willing to stay really late last night to accommodate some of us who were able to make it since our interviews for today were cancelled. Such a great place.

Just had my online interview. I think it went okay, but talk about aca-awkard...

Reactions: 3 users
Just had my online interview. I think it went okay, but talk about aca-awkard...
How long did your interview last? Did you have any technical difficulties? Mine was rescheduled for tonight (it was supposed to be yesterday morning) -- luckily my boyfriend is super understanding/supportive and is totally fine with celebrating Valentine's day with an Auburn interview :laugh::love:

Also, for current students: anyone know the status of the new teaching hospital?

So bummed I'm not going to be able to actually see the school.

How long did your interview last? Did you have any technical difficulties? Mine was rescheduled for tonight (it was supposed to be yesterday morning) -- luckily my boyfriend is super understanding/supportive and is totally fine with celebrating Valentine's day with an Auburn interview :laugh::love:

Also, for current students: anyone know the status of the new teaching hospital?

My friend who went down said new teaching hospital should be set in April.

No technical difficulties, just awkwardness due to the fact that there was a lag. Like the computers cancel noise out if one of you is talking too. Idk you'll have to see.

Lasted 20 minutes. Super short, open ended, conversational. It was okay!

When I went for my interview on Tuesday, they claimed we were 2 weeks too early to view the new hospital. I'm sorry you guys didn't get to see the college - it was such a wonderful experience.

Yeah if I get in I'll go down and visit. If not, I guess I saved the gas money? haha

Yes, optimism! You can save that $$ and put it toward tuition :D

Any idea when we'll hear back? I was reading the thread from last year and they were notified as early as 2/18!

Well, I do think they had interviews a bit earlier last year too....I'm soooo anxious. How am I supposed to focus on things?

On the day of my interview (2/7) Kaye explicitly said that acceptance calls for OOS students would be made from 2/18-2/20. I'm counting on her to be telling the truth because knowing that time frame is the only thing keeping me sane right now.

Reactions: 2 users
.....that's next week. NEXT WEEK. dear god, someone get me a bag to breathe into.

Reactions: 3 users
I know! I just want a call so I can exhale the biggest breath ever known to man.

Good thing I got all my exams done last week, because my brain will not be focusing this week. And....if I get that call, people around me will probably be scared by the delirious screams escaping me. It's so hard for me to even come to terms that I actually have a chance to be accepted....or even waitlisted, since 4 other schools denied me without even an interview.

Reactions: 2 users
Good thing I got all my exams done last week, because my brain will not be focusing this week. And....if I get that call, people around me will probably be scared by the delirious screams escaping me. It's so hard for me to even come to terms that I actually have a chance to be accepted....or even waitlisted, since 4 other schools denied me without even an interview.

We're all keeping our fingers crossed for you!!! Everything happens for a reason!

And my exams are gonna be ratchet this week.

The school is amazing, and I only got to see two rooms! Auburn is my number one choice for sure!

We're all keeping our fingers crossed for you!!! Everything happens for a reason!

And my exams are gonna be ratchet this week.

Thank you!

These past 2 weeks have been crazy for me. 2 exams, 1 interview, 2 more exams. And 14 hours of travel for said interview.

Just finished the online interview - both professors were very conversational and extremely nice!

And this! I couldn't hear the gentleman hardly at all, I felt so bad telling them I couldn't hear what they asked : /

Just finished the online interview - both professors were very conversational and extremely nice!

And this! I couldn't hear the gentleman hardly at all, I felt so bad telling them I couldn't hear what they asked : /
They never introduced themselves to me either.

Me too -- both professors were great, but we didn't really have much time to talk. I understand they were running behind and I am so appreciative that they were flexible, but I thought it was difficult for them to get an idea of who I am from a 20 min video chat interview :/ oh well. Nothing I could have done.

Alas, guess we'll never know : (

Right - and as long as we gave it our best, that's all we can do : )

Last year I had my interview on 2/6 and was notified via email of being waitlisted on 2/18. Now idk if they had all this craziness with video chat interviews last year, but either way I think they will really try to stick to those dates as best as possible. I would imagine that they want to make decisions just as bad as we want to hear news because they want to have that incoming class set!

I really feel for everyone trying to focus on classes right now, I was in that boat last year and it's hard! All the "what if" games you play in your mind, creating different scenarios and putting yourself in positions that don't even exist yet lol and it might get harder before it gets easier. I know that was the case for myself after getting waitlisted. But here I am now, year 2 of applying, and all those "what if" games didn't really change anything in between, so try not to drive yourself crazy. Easier said than done. :) but if you do go a little crazy, just know you aren't the only one.

I really wish everyone the best of luck, and genuinely hope we can all be in class together this fall!

Last edited:
I interviewed on 2/12, Kaye told us we would here next week! So think that's still the goal. Best of luck everyone!

Hey, just out of curiosity, was anyone here on the tour on 2/11 at around 11? It was huge and I want to know if any fellow SDN members were in my midst.