Auburn c/o 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
congrats to everyone who got accepted! and to those who didn't (yet) like me, keep up the faith! YOU WILL BE A VET! if not this year, then next year! <3

Members don't see this ad.

ACCEPTED!!!!!! OH MY GOSH I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!!! After 2 years of applying and 5 rejections this cycle I can finally say I'M GOING TO VET SCHOOL!!!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Now I'm assuming we're done for the night.

Congratulations everyone!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
So... Do we think they called everyone tonight or do we think they're spreading it out? I'm so sad :(

I am so happy for you!!! Auburn is orange and blue too =) Congrats
Thank you!!! Yes it is haha! I will forever be a Gator. Now I'm a Tiger too :) War Eagle! Rooting for you for UF.

Keep the faith guys! I'm sure there's more going out tomorrow. They started late.

Keep the faith guys! I'm sure there's more going out tomorrow. They started late.

Thanks UFprevet! I really hope so. Even if I'm waitlisted I just want to know my fate! And congratulations :)

ACCEPTED!!!!!! OH MY GOSH I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!!! After 2 years of applying and 5 rejections this cycle I can finally say I'M GOING TO VET SCHOOL!!!!!!
Congrats! So excited for you! AU seems like Such a great school. Hope I can join the excitement tomorrow!

Has anyone received the official email yet? I got the call, but I want the nitty gritty details! Good luck to all those waiting to hear !

Has anyone received the official email yet? I got the call, but I want the nitty gritty details! Good luck to all those waiting to hear !
I haven't received it yet. It doesn't feel real until I get something in writing!

Anything yet today?? Did any of you already accepted applicants ( :claps: )have online interviews? Or were yours all in person?

Phone calls are going out all day today.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I am gonna stalk my phone.

I just got the call!!! IM IN!!!! Yay!!!!!! :)

Reactions: 5 users
I hope you guys hear good news soon! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for more SDN acceptances!

Reactions: 1 users
Excuse me while I panic in the corner...

Reactions: 2 users
....out of curiosity, when did y'all interview?

Accepted! Got the call on my lunch break :)

Reactions: 6 users
Oh my god. Over the phone?! Well... I already got accepted at UT, so if I get into Auburn, I'll be declining and one of you lovely people can have my spot! Waited three years to say that... :) I'm going to go check my phone now... Can't believe they're doing it over the phone. Insanity.

maybe....order of interview date?

Cause mine wasn't until 2/11....
I interviewed on 2/11 and my last name starts with R so I don't think they have any type of order. Good luck! I hope you hear soon.

So, I've been stalking these forums for a while but just now decided to join in the conversation.... Maybe they are taking a lunch break?!? I'm just a little anxious :nailbiting:

So, I've been stalking these forums for a while but just now decided to join in the conversation.... Maybe they are taking a lunch break?!? I'm just a little anxious :nailbiting:
Me too. Seemed like a flow of calls, and now it's gone silent.

Kaye said the 18th-20th, so there's still plenty of time!

On another note, I really loved Auburn, but I got a contract seat elsewhere... Am I crazy to still be considering Auburn?

Kaye said the 18th-20th, so there's still plenty of time!

On another note, I really loved Auburn, but I got a contract seat elsewhere... Am I crazy to still be considering Auburn?
I say no. I say you have to pick where you think you'll be most successful and the happiest. It is only 4 years but it's going to be probably the most difficult 4 years you've ever experienced. You don't need any more stress so to me I say pick where you will be happiest for 4 years.

Guys IM DYING I WANNA KNOW one way or another haha.

Reactions: 4 users
It'll be going on all day today. Deep breath guys.

As far as the contract seat goes. If every vet school cost the same, I thoroughly believe we have the best vet school in the country. But no matter where you go you'll end up with a DVM. So you have to ask yourself if that improvement in quality is worth the extra 25 grand or so per year. You'll be graduating with 325-375 grand in debt out of state here. Some food for thought

Just got an email. Alternate. I'll take it! Better to know something than nothing.

I hear they make it pretty deep into the waiting list some years. I still haven't heard back from the other two schools I applied to yet so fingers crossed!

Hmm no email. Good thing or bad thing? I hate this!!

this whole "i have no idea what's happening and i didn't get a call or an email" thing is great! keeping me on my toes! lol

My last name starts with V and I interviewed late afternoon on 2-14 via skype...

Can someone who is familiar with the area tell me the closest trailer park to the vet school? AppleMaps keeps changing its mind....

It'll be going on all day today. Deep breath guys.

As far as the contract seat goes. If every vet school cost the same, I thoroughly believe we have the best vet school in the country. But no matter where you go you'll end up with a DVM. So you have to ask yourself if that improvement in quality is worth the extra 25 grand or so per year. You'll be graduating with 325-375 grand in debt out of state here. Some food for thought

Is there any chance you know the name closest trailer park to the school? Or the best one to live in as a vet student ?