Auburn c/o 2020 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HorsesandHogs

AUCVM co2020
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm a KY resident applying to Auburn. Who else is applying?

Members don't see this ad.

I am a Maryland resident but am applying to Auburn!

NC here!
Anyone know the timeline of interview invites and dates for Auburn?

Members don't see this ad :)
I spoke with the admissions director last summer and she told me that they will be holding interviews in February. :)

I applied as well! Do you guys happen to know when we start to hear back?

I applied as well! Do you guys happen to know when we start to hear back?
Last year they sent their first wave of rejections around Nov. 21st. They sent interview invites throughout the end of December/beginning of January. I received my invite the first week of January and acceptance/waitlist/rejections were given out the week of February 16th.

Reactions: 3 users
Is anyone aware of cell biology classes offered online or distance learning? I am having trouble signing up for this class at my school.

Looks like they've started sending out interview invites. Good luck everyone! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Just got my interview invite! OOS in the the Nova Committee

Reactions: 1 users
OOS Interview offer! Tiger Committee wooooooo

Members don't see this ad :)
I got my rejection email today. Congrats on interviews everyone! Good luck!

Got my OOS interview invitation! Spirit Committee :soexcited:

OOS Interview offer as well! Tiger Committee

OOS interview offer!! Spirit Committee!!

OOS interview invite!!!!!! Spirit committee!

I am an OOS and 2nd year applicant and have my second interview on the Nova Committee!!!!

I am an OOS and 2nd year applicant and have my second interview on the Nova Committee!!!!

Congratulations!! I'm in Nova also! How was your interview experience last year, if you don't mind me asking! 1st time applicant here :D

Got one too, whats the deal with the committees though?

It was very laid back in my opinion. I felt that it was more conversational and they like to ask questions about your free time and you as a person.

Got an OOS interview invite today! Tiger committee!

Hi everyone! I'm a KY resident applying to Auburn. Who else is applying?

I was invited for an interview today, and I'm in the Tiger Committee. What do the different names of each interview committee mean?

Good luck everyone!

Sounds like everyone who has received interview invites is OOS? I'm a KY resident, so technically IS

No interview BUT congrats to those that have one it's weird how u interview at one and not another

Hi, another OOS interview here! Spirit committee :)

Sounds like everyone who has received interview invites is OOS? I'm a KY resident, so technically IS
OOS receive their interview invites much earlier than instate and have earlier interview dates. I want to say last year IS didn't interview until almost March.

I was told that KY residents usually don't receive interview invites until after Fall grades are received.

Have any OS applicants not received any news about interviews or rejections yet?

Does anybody know if the school has a block of rooms reserved at local hotels for those interviewing?

I doubt it. None of my other schools have done anything like that.

For those of you who are OOS and received interview invitations, would you be willing to share stats? I am looking at applying here next year and I know many schools post statistics of those admitted, but I just want to know what it takes to get to the interview process. PM me.

For those of you who are OOS and received interview invitations, would you be willing to share stats? I am looking at applying here next year and I know many schools post statistics of those admitted, but I just want to know what it takes to get to the interview process. PM me.
Hi! I am OOS and have my interview coming up in 2 weeks!
Here are my stats:

Residency- MD
Degree: Completing Animal Science B.S. in May 2016 w/ minor in Psychology
GPA: 3.86
Science GPA: 3.84 (I'm pretty sure this is what VMCAs calculated but I haven't looked at it in a while)
GRE: Q- 158, V- 155, A- 4.5

Vet experience:
200 hours - intern with equine surgeon
600 hours - small animal hospital vet tech assistant

Animal experience:
I can't remember the exact number but it was a few 1000 of working at horse barns, riding, and classes at my undergrad college

Extracurriculars/awards/etc:
president of my school's equestrian team
member of pre-vet club
student ambassador for the animal science department at my school
dean or presidents list for every semester
recipient of merit based scholarships
volunteer experience at a therapeutic riding facility as well as two other barns
spent a few hours at a lab animal research facility- the veterinarian in charge said I could shadow at the facility for a summer but when I contacted his tech to get a schedule made she told me she didn't have space to put me in - so I explained this in my experience -:arghh:
work as a server at a local restaurant
I also had 2 semesters working on a project about animal rights with two philosophy professors and a few philosophy students
I did list some small awards from high school and that I was a girl scout as well

LORs
academic advisor who I have been a teaching assistant for and who is the advisor for the club I am president of
equine veterinarian
horse riding instructor of 10 years who knows me very well

PS
I talked about how I grew up in a military family traveling, and how I first became involved with horses through volunteering and then mentioned my vet experience and explained what I want to do with a career in vet medicine.

Woo KY residents! We'll be hopefully hearing by the end of next week about interviews!

Do any of y'all know about how long the tours would take? My interview is at 4:30 and I want to make sure I won't be pushing it on time by doing the three o'clock tour.

How do you know when the tour times are? I may have missed an email or something?

I cancelled my interview, I hope one of you fabulous people will be offered the spot :)

How do you know when the tour times are? I may have missed an email or something?
There was an email that went out with a schedule for the day if you pm me your email I can forward it to you.

I just received an interview invitation! I'm IS, notified by email, Kentucky Committee, interviewing March 3.

Me too! I haven't chosen a date yet though, gotta look at the cheapest flight first

Kentucky Committee! Haven't set interview date yet though

Hey everyone! I am a first year at auburn, if you have any questions let me know!!

Hey everyone! I am a first year at auburn, if you have any questions let me know!!
Any tips you have would be appreciated. I've looked at everything I could find but I feel like I don't know enough about what to expect.

Any tips you have would be appreciated. I've looked at everything I could find but I feel like I don't know enough about what to expect.

I'm IS so I'm not sure how different the interviews are. When you first get there you will go to a room where everyone waiting on their interview waits and Mrs. Kaye will be in there probably going over financial stuff or just telling you about how things are in general. Once they call your name you will be directed into a smaller room with a chair and desk in the middle and 3 professors/clinicians sitting behind a table facing you. RELAX! I know it's hard to do and you've probably heard it a million times but I promise they know how nervous you are. I was such a nervous wreck that after they introduced themselves I introduced myself as Dr (my name). They joked about it and laughed, while I turned red and thought I ruined my chances. They expect to see that you are a little nervous and it shows you aren't a robot. The interview will last anywhere from 20-30 minutes (but it will feel more like 5). They will ask you questions and then some conversations will bounce off of your answers. I would say it was a pretty laid back interview. If you don't think yours goes that great DON,T FREAK OUT. I walked out of mine feeling like it was a mediocre interview and then the days after I worried myself to death thinking about every mistake I made, but here I am today. After your interview take a tour of the campus and then go downtown to enjoy toomers, grab a bite to eat and enjoy a beer to reward yourself for getting an interview at such an amazing school and for completing your auburn interview! (moes BBQ, mellow mushroom, momma goldberg's, or basically any place in auburn). Sorry it took so long for me to respond. We had an neuro test today. Any more specific questions? Also my email is [email protected] if you want a fast response to a question

Another first year here. I know its basically impossible, but please try not to freak out too much during your interviews! Its usually super laid back and conversational, they just want to make sure you're an actual person and that you'd be a good fit for the AUCVM community. Auburn is truly an amazing vet school, and you'll get a quality education in some of the country's best facilities with top notch professors, and hopefully make some really great memories along the way. I couldn't even imagine myself anywhere else. WAR EAGLE and good luck everyone!