Auburn c/o 2020 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm IS, and I also felt like I didn't have a competitive application, simply because I thought I had a lot less hands-on experience than other people--and I was only a kennel technician, not really in the surgery room much. So my advice is to work, work, work! Get those hours of experience, BUT also keep your grades up. I applied with a 3.89 GPA I believe, and my GRE was like 155/154 (pretty average). Be yourself, and if you have any opportunities to do research (I'm doing a thesis project on birds) or anything unique (study abroad), then do those things, too! I know that seems overwhelming, but I changed my major my junior year, last year, of undergrad so I know what it feels like to have to rush to catch up. I completely changed career paths. But I managed it, and so you totally can too. I even made time to study abroad the first semester of my senior year, so I feel like anything is possible lol. When it comes to the interview, relax. Be yourself. And wear something that isn't the normal black or navy pants suit/suit skirt maybe just to stand out a little more (but keep it professional obviously).

Anyways, good luck to you next year! I'll be able to tell you more when it gets closer to time :)

Thanks for the great advice! Also, kudos to changing career paths! I decided after getting my B.S. in Chemistry last year that I truly wasn't going to be happy without going for my dream profession. Sounds dumb, but it was a long time coming for me to actually decide that I can do this...and with confidence!:p I have ~1200 0r more research hours and was published a few times as an undergrad. I also work in a lab now full-time and shadow after work. I feel that those are the only things unique about me. I hope that strengthens my application :xf:. Congrats on getting accepted to Auburn!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone heard of more people being called off the alternate list (aside from the one AL resident who already posted on here)? I'm a KY resident desperately hoping for a spot!! Also curious if anyone knows how the KY wait list has moved in years past? I couldn't find any significant mention of the alternate list in the C/O 2019 thread.

Has anyone heard of more people being called off the alternate list (aside from the one AL resident who already posted on here)? I'm a KY resident desperately hoping for a spot!! Also curious if anyone knows how the KY wait list has moved in years past? I couldn't find any significant mention of the alternate list in the C/O 2019 thread.
I haven't heard anything, but I already declined by KY spot, partially due to the budget situation being up in the air. It might also affect others' decisions possibly too?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just received a call this morning at about 930 from Ms Storey that I was called off the waitlist. I'm out of state applicant but I've already committed to another school so hopefully one of y'all will be called next!! Good luck to all of you!!!

I haven't heard anything, but I already declined by KY spot, partially due to the budget situation being up in the air. It might also affect others' decisions possibly too?

Yeah, that's kind of what I'm thinking. If the budget situation makes Auburn the same price for (some) KY residents as most other U.S. schools, then it's likely that some of those people will choose to go elsewhere. Maybe that's just wishful thinking, maybe it's legitimate haha... we'll see.

I just received a call this morning at about 930 from Ms Storey that I was called off the waitlist. I'm out of state applicant but I've already committed to another school so hopefully one of y'all will be called next!! Good luck to all of you!!!

Congratulations and thank you! I could be wrong, but I think they have separate waitlists for OOS vs. AL residents vs. KY residents?

Congratulations and thank you! I could be wrong, but I think they have separate waitlists for OOS vs. AL residents vs. KY residents?
Yes they're all separate waitlists, I called Mrs. Kaye when I first got waitlisted and that's what she told me. Good luck!!!

KY education budget passed last night.
A Dr. At the clinic I work at is the president of the KVMA and he said that all KY seats will get their finding. Yay!!!!

Last edited:
I got the call earlier today that I'm accepted as well!!! :soexcited:

Reactions: 1 users
I just got called off the waitlist and I was wondering if anyone knew of a student Facebook page to join?

Does anyone have any advice or recommendations for places to live?

Does anyone have any advice or recommendations for places to live?
Go join the Facebook page. Just search for "Auburn College of Veterinary Medicine Class of 2020" some people are looking for roommates or have places for sale.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Hi, I recently got an interview to Auburn and I was wondering what is fun to do in the area?

Hi, I recently got an interview to Auburn and I was wondering what is fun to do in the area?
Skybar is fun, Moe's runs wing specials all the time, there are a couple movie theaters, and Chewacla State Park is nice when the weather is warmer.