Auburn CVM Class of 2024 Hopefuls!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do they reference your application during the interview? LMU was very laid back, however they did not see/know anything about my file before I walked in.

Yeah, LMU is closed file and they know nothing. Auburn’s is open file. I know they’ve read it, and I think they have it front of them. They didn’t ask any exact questions on experiences or essays though.

Members don't see this ad.

How is everyone sending fall semester transcripts to Auburn?
Tajuan sent an email earlier this semester saying that they didn’t need to be official, and you could send a PDF version to him.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Tajuan sent an email earlier this semester saying that they didn’t need to be official, and you could send a PDF version to him.
For OOS students the email says they we dont need to submit fall transcripts? So do they not need fall grades for consideration, we only need to pass prereq classes?

Does anyone know of a reputable place to take the animal nutrition class? It’s my last requirement but Purdue is being super complicated about it. Has anyone taken it online at Oklahoma? It says it’s a certification tho? Can anyone elaborate? I’ve emailed auburn but have received no response.

Does anyone know of a reputable place to take the animal nutrition class? It’s my last requirement but Purdue is being super complicated about it. Has anyone taken it online at Oklahoma? It says it’s a certification tho? Can anyone elaborate? I’ve emailed auburn but have received no response.
I took the online Oklahoma nutrition class and just finished it a couple of weeks ago. It was three credits, not a certification. I did it through their distance learning program and it wasn’t bad, a bit of a pain just because there are 13 assignments and 5 exams which take a little while, but not too hard or anything. I did receive an interview invite from auburn and had indicated in my VMCAS application that I was taking the course through OKSU so I assume they have no problem with it

I took the online Oklahoma nutrition class and just finished it a couple of weeks ago. It was three credits, not a certification. I did it through their distance learning program and it wasn’t bad, a bit of a pain just because there are 13 assignments and 5 exams which take a little while, but not too hard or anything. I did receive an interview invite from auburn and had indicated in my VMCAS application that I was taking the course through OKSU so I assume they have no problem with it

Thank you! Were the exams super difficult? Especially with paying the 15 to be proctored or how did you go about that? If you did the online version is it one where you need to have a computer with a webcam or is it worth just going to like a close testing center?

Thank you! Were the exams super difficult? Especially with paying the 15 to be proctored or how did you go about that? If you did the online version is it one where you need to have a computer with a webcam or is it worth just going to like a close testing center?
The exams definitely weren’t “easy” as in you can take them without studying. but there are study questions at the end of each chapter (sometimes a ton, which makes it tough) and I’d say 90% of each exam came from those questions, so you’re generally in good shape if you know those questions.
I used their online proctoring service which you pay for and you video chat with a proctor and they basically watch you take your exam (it’s less creepy than my explanation makes it sound lol)

Any of the OOS had their interviews yet? If so, do you have any hints or tips for the interview or the trip in general? I still haven't heard anything, I'm from Kentucky and waiting for the IS decisions.

I also took this class through Oklahoma State and they let one of the vets I worked for at the time proctor me and she didn’t charge me anything. Just an idea.

I also took this class through Oklahoma State and they let one of the vets I worked for at the time proctor me and she didn’t charge me anything. Just an idea.

Thank you for that idea! I do have a question though, I might be misunderstanding, but how does one get the class notes? I see nothing in the canvas modules, is it strictly just from the book or maybe the teacher just hasn’t released it yet? Hoping you have some sort of idea!

Thank you for that idea! I do have a question though, I might be misunderstanding, but how does one get the class notes? I see nothing in the canvas modules, is it strictly just from the book or maybe the teacher just hasn’t released it yet? Hoping you have some sort of idea!
When I took it, I bought the textbook and they mailed me a bound book as well that had information as well as all the assignment questions and study questions in it.

Does anyone know of a good place to take organic chemistry?

Members don't see this ad :)

Hi! I have applied to Auburn as an IS, but I am a Kentucky resident. I will have to take the animal nutrition class at Oklahoma State as well. I was just wondering, do you think this class is easily able to be finished in three months?

I just declined my interview invite... extremely grateful for the opportunity and hope someone will be receiving good news very soon! Best of luck to all of you!!! :biglove:

Any other IS applicants freaking out hoping we hear about interviews this week?

I am getting so excited but super nervous for my interview!!

Hello everyone, looking for advice about interviews. I saw in the 2023 thread that it is conversational and mostly about your experiences, however, google searches yield more situational questions (although those pages are older, like 2014ish). I'm just nervous because I don't know much about Auburn CVM and their process.

Hello everyone, looking for advice about interviews. I saw in the 2023 thread that it is conversational and mostly about your experiences, however, google searches yield more situational questions (although those pages are older, like 2014ish). I'm just nervous because I don't know much about Auburn CVM and their process.
When I interviewed two years ago it was pretty conversational. A lot of questions like: who is your hero, who is your best friend, what do you like to do in your free time.

Any ISers hear anything? Starting to feel kinda down. I was hoping to hear sometime today as was typical in past two cycles at least unless they release them at 6 or something.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using SDN mobile

Any ISers hear anything? Starting to feel kinda down. I was hoping to hear sometime today as was typical in past two cycles at least unless they release them at 6 or something.

Nothing here, hoping Tajuan pulls a late Friday or something

any IS think theres a possibility of us hearing tomorrow? starting to get antsy...

I have that hope, but I am just going to expect Friday.

When are the IS interviews? Im OOS and have my interview on Monday, getting so nervous!!

Lol did anyone else notice the email said admission into the class of “2023”

Congrats everyone! It’s crazy that it was this time last year, and now I’m leaving class for the day. :)

IS interview invitations went out on 27th. Be sure to check your junk/spam folder. That is where mine was, even though I had the vet school as a VIP in mail app.

Does anyone know about how many instate interviews are offered?

I know there were about 110 Ky applicants last year but were they all interviewed?
I think that they interview all but around 10. Last two years (18, 19) there were about 120 applicants from KY, and then I am pretty sure (not positive) that they interviewed about 110

I got an invite too as a KY resident. I know they accept 35-38, so we have a good shot, guys. :)

Have any OOS interviewed yet? If so, any advice? Was it as conversational as others have said?
I interview tomorrow, freaking out a bit!

Have any OOS interviewed yet? If so, any advice? Was it as conversational as others have said?
I interview tomorrow, freaking out a bit!
Interviewed yesterday and it was a great interview. VERY conversational and comfortable. Know your experiences because they'll ask about them. Have a couple questions ready to ask them, as well

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed yesterday and it was a great interview. VERY conversational and comfortable. Know your experiences because they'll ask about them. Have a couple questions ready to ask them, as well
Oh good! It sounds like it went well for you, congrats!
I’ve been trying to come up with some questions by perusing their website and I’m struggling :nailbiting:

per their website:
Residency

Alabama residents receive priority for 41 seats in each class. Auburn contracts with Kentucky for 38 seats. These students are considered to be in-state students for tuition purposes

Does anyone know if I can send thank you cards to the two professors that interviewed me? Do I just address them to the vet college?

Can any current students shed some insight on what they think about the school? i.e. their personal pros and cons. Also, how's the wildlife and exotics education in Auburn? I'd really appreciate it! :)

Can any current students shed some insight on what they think about the school? i.e. their personal pros and cons. Also, how's the wildlife and exotics education in Auburn? I'd really appreciate it! :)

I’m a first year, and Auburn’s a great school. The first semester was put together really well to sort of ease us into the curriculum and this semester has been more challenging. There are some classes I’d consider “filler” ones but they have some benefits and learning too.Exotics and wildlife is almost nonexistent lol. There’s like two electives for them, but the clubs do a great job of bringing in opportunities. I’m not really sure any personal pros/cons, but could answer any specific questions!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Could anyone tell me what the curriculum is like at Auburn? Do you start your electives in the first semester?