Auditory Learners and the Verbal Section on MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

makingthejump

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone an auditory learner that has excelled on the verbal section of the MCAT? If so, what were your strategies? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

The art of learning encompasses many different methods of relating the material to a student through, visual, audio, hands-on, etc. approaches, and different people have different strengths when it comes to these different approaches, but the MCAT is a test the requires a lot of critical reading.

You may be better when you hear material, but now is the time to maximize your methods for written learning.

Until the MCAT is offered on a MP3 with a provided scantron, my best advice would be to push yourself to strengthen your apparent weakness with written material.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah, this has been a major issue for me. As an undergraduate and postbac, I primarily relied on using read-out-loud programs whenever reading. This significantly improved my reading comprehension and speed. I've found that very quietly whispering the VR passages out loud can be helpful (sometimes).