Consensus on Studying AAMC Section Bank and/or CARS Q-Packs Twice: Yay or Nay?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

skeptastic

Cleans his metal mask with gasoline
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I hope you all are doing well. I've been off the SDN forums for a bit, spending more time wrapping up the prerequisites and working to provide for my family. I have begun my MCAT prep and have a question about the AAMC section bank and CARS question packs.

For those who have completed MCAT prep, what are your thoughts on the proper use of the AAMC Section Bank and CARS Q-Pack questions? Would you study these materials twice? Some say to do the SB and CARS QP problems untimed and early in MCAT prep, then again closer to your MCAT exam date under timed conditions. I worry that memory might allow me to remember some of the answers, making a second attempt at these materials somewhat fruitless. Let me know your thoughts and experiences, please!

If you'd do any of these sets twice, how far apart would you schedule the two attempts? If you'd only do them once, when would you recommend doing them?

Thank you for any help you can and are willing to provide. I truly appreciate it and look forward to all of your answers!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I’d say use SB and QPack between your AAMC FL‘s. I took my AAMC FL’s a week apart to analyze and write down mistakes onto Anki. Then, I’d use those extra materials to really consolidate my knowledge gap.

Reactions: 2 users