Average age of marriage for physicians

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The question was rhetorical rather than interrogative..."game" means different things to different people.

game = facial aesthetics and $$

that's pretty much true for everyone

isnt that right MelissaThompson

Members don't see this ad.

Game is the ability to attract your 10.

By that logic, I have the best game in the world! I just have to get my MD, then I can handpick a 10 for my arranged marriage hehe.

Members don't see this ad :)
By that logic, I have the best game in the world! I just have to get my MD, then I can handpick a 10 for my arranged marriage hehe.

Make sure you've got a solid prenup

Make sure you've got a solid prenup

I probably will, but it shouldn't matter too much, since divorce is taboo in my culture.

U mad brah? Or u mirin' my mad "game" skills?

Agreed.

A wealthy American Surgeon would stand alot to lose to an unemployed stay-at-home mother of many children.

I have no interest in any surgical specialty. Not yet at least.

My dream is to be a dermatologist, of course. Unfortunately that's also everyone else's dream, so unless I get a 260 on the STEP, I guess it'll be time to find a new dream.

I probably will, but it shouldn't matter too much, since divorce is taboo in my culture.

U mad brah? Or u mirin' my mad "game" skills?

I wish I was from a culture where divorce is taboo, but buying a lifelong prostitute is not.

Agreed.

A wealthy American Surgeon would stand alot to lose to an unemployed stay-at-home mother of many children.

it never hurts to get a prenup..... When I go on a first date, the first thing I ever say to the girl is that if we ever get married I want a prenup (notsrs but prenups are a good idea)

Members don't see this ad :)
I wish I was from a culture where divorce is taboo, but buying a lifelong prostitute is not.

Who said anything about prostitutes? That's against the law. :confused:

Who said anything about prostitutes? That's against the law. :confused:

In America hand picking a woman and paying for her = prostitution

Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile

What's so cray about twinkies?

Oh I don't have a problem with twinkies. They are so enjoyable!

It's too bad they banned the other type of twinkies in the US :eek:

Oh I don't have a problem with twinkies. They are so enjoyable!

It's too bad they banned the other type of twinkies in the US :eek:

:cry::cry::cry: Twinkies = awesome; we should sell "Free Twinkies" T-shirts... I can't believe they got banned.

Like beautiful women are crazy, intelligent women can't be beautiful, studious women have no social skills, women want to marry up, not married by age 28 your "time is running out"...etc.

I think I missed those. I agree that those = :thumbdown:thumbdown

In America hand picking a woman and paying for her = prostitution

Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile

Who's paying for anyone?

I think that you're just jelly of my insane "game" skills, so you're putting words in my mouth.

My marriage will be arranged when I turn 26. Most urban, educated Indian men have their marriages arranged in their late 20s.

I can't, but if I could choose what kind of woman I wanted to marry, I would pick a lawyer. Then she could fight my malpractice suits for me!

Everyone has an arranged marriage in India.

Indian people in the US have more freedom in what they want. Dating is very common among US born Indians. However, marrying outside the type of Indian you are is typically frowned upon. I honestly do not know anyone that had an arranged marriage that was born in the US. Just my 2 cents before everyone starts thinking ALL Indians practice arranged marriages.

:cry::cry::cry: Twinkies = awesome; we should sell "Free Twinkies" T-shirts... I can't believe they got banned.

I'd buy those! At least there's still Ding Dongs....those are tasty

inb4stuff

I think average age would be 30.

But it really depends my friend (female) decided to get married before going to med. school she is 22 . My guy cousin got married during his last year of med. school.

I know I would like to get married before med. school or whatever it maybe , just to have someone by my side to help me get through ( best case is marrying someone whose in same med program ) :love:

Guys reach their "golden cross of love" around their mid-30s - and is at their peak.

Women reach their golden cross of love at around 25 - and then is in steady decline....

oh no.....not this again

*hides*

Guys reach their "golden cross of love" around their mid-30s - and is at their peak.

Women reach their golden cross of love at around 25 - and then is in steady decline....

Ive never heard a woman talk like this. First you advocate for prenupts, then say something no woman dares admitt. Are you sure you're a woman? You're thinking logically.

I think melissathompson is having a bit of a crisis here

My mom is your stereotypical Asian mother. She's been trying to introduce me to this girl and her family ever since I turned 20, but I turned it down because I grew up as an American in a different culture and I didn't want any help or push to find any girls. I'm not a dater by any means, I find temporary things far easier. So my mom agreed to let it go. A few months later however, I started seeing a girl and decided to tell my mom about it to show her that I didn't need her help. When I told her who the girl was though, she broke down laughing and claimed that she was the same girl and family she was trying to introduce me to. So I guess arranged introduction or not, I was gonna meet this girl either way.

Lol thats hilarious. My mother is is also from a very different culture and one thing I've learned International parents always seem to get their way no matter what. :laugh:

My mom is your stereotypical Asian mother. She's been trying to introduce me to this girl and her family ever since I turned 20, but I turned it down because I grew up as an American in a different culture and I didn't want any help or push to find any girls. I'm not a dater by any means, I find temporary things far easier. So my mom agreed to let it go. A few months later however, I started seeing a girl and decided to tell my mom about it to show her that I didn't need her help. When I told her who the girl was though, she broke down laughing and claimed that she was the same girl and family she was trying to introduce me to. So I guess arranged introduction or not, I was gonna meet this girl either way.

Lol, that sounds like the plot line of every Bollywood movie. :laugh:

Ive never heard a woman talk like this. First you advocate for prenupts, then say something no woman dares admitt. Are you sure you're a woman? You're thinking logically.

Oh God, you sound like my bf when he's being terribly annoying in an effort to incite a reaction from me.

I had a roommate in UG whose mother is an MD and father is a student driver educator. Let's just say, it was extremely obvious as to who wore the 'pants' in the relationship. Unfortunately, in many relationships, person with greater income = person with greater power. I guess gold diggers don't care if they're held inferior as long as the money keeps flowing, but it diminishes one's integrity, and whoever encourages this type of behavior is extremely messed up in the head, or perhaps just had a lapse in judgement.

But in materialistic, capital America, $$ = fitness; therefore, marrying for money (not love) is justified. (Although I'd say genetics is important too, but no one thinks like that anymore).

Oh God, you sound like my bf when he's being terribly annoying in an effort to incite a reaction from me.

I had a roommate in UG whose mother is an MD and father is a student driver educator. Let's just say, it was extremely obvious as to who wore the 'pants' in the relationship. Unfortunately, in many relationships, person with greater income = person with greater power. I guess gold diggers don't care if they're held inferior as long as the money keeps flowing, but it diminishes one's integrity, and whoever encourages this type of behavior is extremely messed up in the head, or perhaps just had a lapse in judgement.

But in materialistic, capital America, $$ = fitness; therefore, marrying for money (not love) is justified. (Although I'd say genetics is important too, but no one thinks like that anymore).

You can't use one example and claim that this is the case most of the time. It depends upon the people in the marriage.