AZ Pharmacists Win Practice Rights to RX...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drusso

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
Reaction score
They've basically pulled the same argument that naturopaths use to RX in my state: We learn this stuff in school; anything you can do we can do better.

House panel approve bill to let pharmacists write prescriptions, over doctors' objections • Arizona Mirror

Similar legislation has been passed in Ohio and Oregon. If you still don't think that making contributions to MD/DO specialty societies and PACs is a priority, hopefully you do now. They need your money and time to speak up for physician autonomy.

Also, health systems/hospitals were big supporters of this legislation and I encourage all MD's to speak with their employers about why they let their lobbyists and trade associations support this unprecedented expansion of scope of practice.

Members don't see this ad.

It’s dumb that we have to pay for providing our patients with superior care that they deserve. That being sad, I do contribute, but I just hate the idea of it.

Members don't see this ad :)
They've basically pulled the same argument that naturopaths use to RX in my state: We learn this stuff in school; anything you can do we can do better.

House panel approve bill to let pharmacists write prescriptions, over doctors' objections • Arizona Mirror

Similar legislation has been passed in Ohio and Oregon. If you still don't think that making contributions to MD/DO specialty societies and PACs is a priority, hopefully you do now. They need your money and time to speak up for physician autonomy.

Also, health systems/hospitals were big supporters of this legislation and I encourage all MD's to speak with their employers about why they let their lobbyists and trade associations support this unprecedented expansion of scope of practice.
The libertarian in me does not object to this.

If a patient is so sure he knows what he needs/wants and is determined to avoid a medical eval, do we really WANT to force him to see us?

We have to recognize that, like almost every other profession, Google, Amazon, online retail pharmacy, etc, are making SOME of the services we offer obsolete for SOME pts.

Reactions: 1 user
“We don’t prescribe those drugs here. What you need is that pharmacist over there. He/She prescribes and then dispenses those drugs.”

They want it soooo bad, then they can have all of it from my perspective.

Now, what about those autonomous NP and CRNAs??

“We don’t prescribe those drugs here. What you need is that pharmacist over there. He/She prescribes and then dispenses those drugs.”

They want it soooo bad, then they can have all of it from my perspective.

Now, what about those autonomous NP and CRNAs??
Pharmacists are, literally, "legal drug dealers".