fully workers comp/PI practice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ChiSox

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Have been doing some job searching and came across a group that does 100% workers comp/personal injury. Wanted to see if any one has worked in such a setting (100% WC and PI) and what their experience has been - thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I typically don’t put all my eggs in one basket….or 2 baskets. But if the practice is big enough and they pay your salary, it’s up to you. Most employed docs don’t care where the patients are referred from.

Have done this for a part of my practice in the past. Keep in mind the fee schedule for the procedures and visits you do and what you will be paid.
There will also be pressures to agree with the plaintiffs attorney and when you don’t you may not work there anymore. Very slimy business. An RFA could pay 5-10k easily. They’ll be giving you a few hundred. If you are ok making others rich while you take all the risk and selling your soul jump right in.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You want to get the patients better.

The patients don’t, many times

Reactions: 1 users
Have done this for a part of my practice in the past. Keep in mind the fee schedule for the procedures and visits you do and what you will be paid.
There will also be pressures to agree with the plaintiffs attorney and when you don’t you may not work there anymore. Very slimy business. An RFA could pay 5-10k easily. They’ll be giving you a few hundred. If you are ok making others rich while you take all the risk and selling your soul jump right in.
but if ur the owner… and don’t have to take crazy reductions, could easily work a 1/4 and make double

Reactions: 1 user
maximum medical improvement.......you do what is medically indicated and that's it. If they dont get better from esi or whatever, then oh well. We always say "dont treat the MRI images, treat the patient"......but W/C is the opposite

Reactions: 7 users