B- in Organic Chemistry 1?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ForumHangout

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How do you guys think the AdCom will respond to this grade? It's not a B or a B+... it's not a C+ but it's a B-...

Is there a good chance that they'll reject me and tell me to retake it?

Members don't see this ad.

I apologize for saying this? But are you new to the US pharmacy system? You can do some google searching and realize that a B- is not worth retaking...

why is this question even being asked?

It's just that I read this article at a site, and the article said that a girl was rejected from Pharm school because she had a C in Orgo 1. They told her to retake it. A B- is not far off from a C you know. It's just like by... I--I

This much

C ---C+--- B-

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
A B- is not far off from a C you know. It's just like by... I--I

This much

C ---C+--- B-

Best post I have read today.

OT - Apparently a minority of schools require a B or higher on their pre-reqs. But for the most part, a C grade tends to be the cut-off.

It's just that I read this article at a site, and the article said that a girl was rejected from Pharm school because she had a C in Orgo 1. They told her to retake it. A B- is not far off from a C you know. It's just like by... I--I

This much

C ---C+--- B-

and a B(-)---B---B+---A(-)---A---A+

So, you are really --------------- far away from being acceptable.

And only --------- from failing.

Harrowing.

Should be fine..just be careful because organic chem II was significantly harder.

Best post I have read today.

OT - Apparently a minority of schools require a B or higher on their pre-reqs. But for the most part, a C grade tends to be the cut-off.

Yea.... This one made me think a bit too.. But it makes sense if you think about it.

I apologize for saying this? But are you new to the US pharmacy system? You can do some google searching and realize that a B- is not worth retaking...

why is this question even being asked?

Are you always a biatch? The OP was just asking a question.