"B" in Organic Chemistry I -- Retake?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gdan

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Should I retake this course this summer or move onto Organic Chem II? So far, I have a 3.2 GPA with "A"s in Gen Chem and "Bs" in Bio.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

gdan said:
Should I retake this course this summer or move onto Organic Chem II? So far, I have a 3.2 GPA with "A"s in Gen Chem and "Bs" in Bio.

Thanks!
No, you should retake Logic 101.

gdan said:

Thanks!

:laugh:

continue on. just study study study.

there's no point in retaking classes you make B's in. but, with a 3.2 GPA i'd be surprisd if you didn't have a C or two mixed in that GPA... and in that case, retaking CAN be beneficial, but not always...

Members don't see this ad :)
of course you should retake organic. Everybody knows that you can't get into pharmacy school if you don't have straight As. If you don't get into pharmacy school, you will end up a failure in life. So, retake organic and all the classes you get lesser than an A in.

organichemistry said:

continue on. just study study study.

there's no point in retaking classes you make B's in. but, with a 3.2 GPA i'd be surprisd if you didn't have a C or two mixed in that GPA... and in that case, retaking CAN be beneficial, but not always...

I do have 3 Cs and a lot of B- from all my accounting courses. My science grades are fine so far but I don't have any experience yet... can't wait till those PCATS.

I got a B in O-Chem 2, but there's no way that I'm taking that class again!

GEEZ...if you're freaking out about a B in organic, wait until you hit pharmacy school.....

Here's a prescription for you:

Chill Pill ER 500mg
1 pill po qd until accepted to Pharm School

OSURxgirl said:
GEEZ...if you're freaking out about a B in organic, wait until you hit pharmacy school.....

Here's a prescription for you:

Chill Pill ER 500mg
1 pill po qd until accepted to Pharm School
uh oh ... i got in trouble one time when i prescribed a chill pill.....

watch out!!

Caverject said:
No, you should retake Logic 101.

:laugh: Aww man, I needed that! To the OP: Hey buddy, you should count your blessings that you GOT a B (unlike many I suspect, reading your post) and move on to Orgo II and hope that lightening strikes twice.

I have retaken Organic I since I got a C in the first class. Retaking it for a B wouldn't hurt you as long as you got an A. Otherwise if you think you really understand everything, try to get an A in organic II so you can prove that the B really didnt mean anything.

gdan said:

Thanks!

Why? I got a B in Organic I & II and I got accepted.

Members don't see this ad :)
gdan said:

Thanks!

absolutely fine if you have one B for organic chem. Try to get an A in Organic chem II, which will make up pretty much either in your GPA or interviewer's impression on your chemistry capability.

RUN DMV said:
Why? I got a B in Organic I & II and I got accepted.

same here

gdan said:

Thanks!

omfg i about peed myself when i read that. funniest effin thing ever!!

RELAX!

dude, i got a C+ in orgo I, then turned around and got a B+ in orgo II. No,
you don't need to retake it, unless you really like to torture yourself.

A B in orgo is good. Maybe bring up the 3.2 a little? that might be more helpful than retaking organic. :p

goheel said:
of course you should retake organic. Everybody knows that you can't get into pharmacy school if you don't have straight As. If you don't get into pharmacy school, you will end up a failure in life. So, retake organic and all the classes you get lesser than an A in.

you are the best!

what would be funnier is if the OP actually takes you at your word.

gdan said:

Thanks!

HECK TO THE NOOOOOOOO. THATS ORGANIC CHEMISTRY, MOST PEOPLE WILL RUN WITH THAT GRADE. I MADE A B+ IN ORGANIC II AND BELIEVE ME IT DOESNT GET ANY EASIER FOR ORGANIC AFTER ORGANIC I. JUST STUDY FOR THE NEXT LEVEL OF ORGANIC AND DO BETTER IN THE SECOND PART. GOOD LUCK!!! :rolleyes:

gdan said:

Thanks!

Um...you have got to relax. if you are worried about a B in organic, I would hate to think about how you're going to worry about pharmacy school classes.

A B in orgo I is definitely good enough. Relax!

It depends on how much you feel you got from the class. I took o chem I at a community college , got an A but still retook it at a major univertsity.

why?

because I felt like the lab experience I got at the community college would not have prepared me for the lab experience in o chem II at the major uni.

And i was right; it was a good choice to retake.

On the other hand a B is good enough provided you have other A's to boost the old GPA and understand the material. I got B's in both Gen chem I and II and still got into pharmacy school and still had a 3.8ish GPA.

I'll give you my C, if you give me your B. :laugh: I'd be dancin' around if I got a B... but I am retaking it next year. O. Chem at 8am with a professor you cannot understand is not the best thing to do! :eek:

sarahjth said:
I'll give you my C, if you give me your B. :laugh: I'd be dancin' around if I got a B... but I am retaking it next year. O. Chem at 8am with a professor you cannot understand is not the best thing to do! :eek:

Hehe, I just had a professor who would give you a lecture mostly on biochem topics. Moreover, each of his exams would take about SIX HOURS TO DO!

My best advice is to do a lot of the problems that are in the book and try to sit in front of the classroom.

Good luck :)