Back Pain

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rlw237

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm sure most of us had, have, or will have back pain. Just thought it be good to start a thread on what was your best remedy or exercises for relieving your pain?

Members don't see this ad.

So, without knowing what the cause of the back pain is, it's very difficult to recommend exercises. You don't want to treat the symptoms, you want to treat the impairment. The back pain could be caused by something in the spinal region - such as a slipped disk, or it could be caused by body mechanics - perhaps you have poor dorsiflexion in your ankle, leading to hiking your hip when you walk, putting pressure on your lumbar spine, or rotating your hip when you walk that is stressing your lumbar region. If I try to treat the back here, I never correct the lack of dorsiflexion in the foot. Just something to consider. I'm hesitant to recommend generic back exercises without identifying the cause.

When I worked as an aide in a PT clinic, I had some intermittent low back pain. During my first few months working, I was so tired when I got home I didn't have the energy to drag myself to the gym to work out. My body got weaker and I've always had tight hamstrings, which didn't help. I guess my "remedy" was just stretching the hammies and working on my core. Also, I began working on better posture and body mechanics.

I think the OP is just looking for personal experiences of LBP and to see what worked for each individual. Keeping a set work out schedule that includes resistance training and stretching seemed to work for me.