Background Check (CertiPhi)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WolfPackSigeEp

Smile, it's free!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just as a heads up, my background check only cost $61.75.... :claps:
So don't fret if you see the $150 price tag, your's may be cheaper!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Can a school revoke an acceptance based on what they see in the background check.

As an immature child many moons ago, I had a friend that was charged with possession of a controlled substance and received a violation and a $100 fine. .
Also, more recently, she was charged with a DWI, but with God on her side was convicted of a moving violation (speeding ticket). Not a misdemeanor or felony, just a DMV violation. So technically I think the record is clear but u never know what they'll see.

Should my friend be worried about anything?

TBH, I have no clue. It might be worth making a few anonymous phone calls to those schools and asking.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah everyone don't worry. Just to give you another stat: Mine only cost $55.70.

Can a school revoke an acceptance based on what they see in the background check.

As an immature child many moons ago, I had a friend that was charged with possession of a controlled substance and received a violation and a $100 fine. .
Also, more recently, she was charged with a DWI, but with God on her side was convicted of a moving violation (speeding ticket). Not a misdemeanor or felony, just a DMV violation. So technically I think the record is clear but u never know what they'll see.

Should my friend be worried about anything?

"A friend." :rofl:

If you got charged with a controlled substance, its most likely going to show up.

Reactions: 1 user
Just to clarify - if the school you are attending is not listed in the link they provide, you do not have to do it?

So my friend did the background check and absolutely nothing showed up even though she had a few "woops" on her record... She lucked out!!
Good luck guys!

i submitted mine on the 3rd and still waiting... anyone else's taking longer than usual?

Mine was sent back to me complete within 48 hours. But I got charged the complete $250. I called and asked why and how people are getting charged different amounts and she couldn't give me a good answer. Something about how much info the school requires and how many addresses you may have... I dunno it was complete BS. But as long as it's clean I don't mind the extra money.

Got charged 42$, thats like 12 in&out burgers! :cryi:

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted mine yesterday and got it back today

I paid $148. And I have NOTHING bad on my background.

I shouldn't have to pay if I dont plan on going to the school that requires it.

That makes sense right?

For us Canadians (Ontario), what type of background check do we get?

$114 here.... wonder why some are so much cheaper..

$105. I've lived in a few countries and states, guessing that's why mine was a bit pricey. :/

The first thing I saw was "Sex Offender", thinking that was on my record, before reading "no record".

I was like O_O.

Reactions: 2 users
Found out today that my school doesnt use CertiPhi and the bg check is included in the $500 instate deposit. Woo hoo! :soexcited:

So if I pay for the Certiphi background check and then later receive an acceptance to another school, would I have to resubmit again? I got accepted to one school on 12/1 but decided to wait out the background check and just got another acceptance on 12/15. I'm not sure if I would've wasted my money having to do it twice or not.

certiphi already charged me $113 but my background check is still pending. I submitted last monday. Anyone in a similar situation?

certiphi already charged me $113 but my background check is still pending. I submitted last monday. Anyone in a similar situation?

I live in NYC and mine just took a day. Was your credit card payment processed?

So if I pay for the Certiphi background check and then later receive an acceptance to another school, would I have to resubmit again? I got accepted to one school on 12/1 but decided to wait out the background check and just got another acceptance on 12/15. I'm not sure if I would've wasted my money having to do it twice or not.

I doubt it, I would think they can just send it to the other school. Call them and ask.

The first thing I saw was "Sex Offender", thinking that was on my record, before reading "no record".

I was like O_O.

hahaha me too! my friends were sitting next to me and gave me some "WTF" looks before we realized that it just says no record