Barron's MCAT test book?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MsEvolution

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Have any of you used this book? It has 4 full length mcat tests... I wonder how accurately they measure your performance. I didn't do too hot on one today and I'm wondering if it's a good indicator of what I would have gotten on the real thing... :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

i think your best bet is to sign up for TPR, Kaplan, or EK for prep for the MCAT. If you don't hve the money get the books from someone who has taken the class. I took kaplan and I felt that they prepared me very well, however you only get 4 months for 1400 dollars, wheras with TPR you get say like 6 months for the same amount of money. It all depends what you have time for. I like being assessments from kaplan tests for my weaknesses. If you can, you should try the kaplan Qbank I think it helped me also. Again these are just my opinions, but they seem to have worked for me.

I used the Barron's book a little. It's not that great and I was able to pick out quite a few mistakes in the version I had. Their answer explanations weren't great either. I only used it the last month or two before the test as a bank of raw questions, not as practice exams.

I would avoid it. I doubt that it's very representative ... try something more "mainstream" (Princeton Review, Kaplan, EK).