Belmont Application Thread Entering 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mitsubishi1m

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Haven't found a thread for 2012 yet so here it goes! Hope everyone is excited and good luck in the application process! :D

Members don't see this ad.

Ditto! Received email that my application was officially complete. Now comes the waiting. :(

Ditto! Received email that my application was officially complete. Now comes the waiting. :(

This is in University of Maryland right? Me too, I just got an email that they received my suppl. application fee. I need to retake PCAT in Sept! Do you mind share your stats?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not sure I understand you initial question regarding the U of Maryland. If you are asking where Belmont is located, it is in Nashville, TN. I'm a non-traditional student who didn't do so hot the first time around in college so my PharmCAS stats are lower than they will be when recalculated.

PharmCAS GPAs
Overall: 2.81
Math: 3.12
Science: 3.45

I'm not too happy with my PCAT scores but I figured I'd apply early decision and that would decide if I'd retake or not.
Composite 76
Verbal 77
Biology 76
Reading Comp 65
QA 62
Chemistry 77

Is anyone else having trouble with the submit button for their supplemental materials? I've been checking the "I have read and understand" box and clicking continue like crazy but all it seems to do is refresh the page. :(

Has anyone heard anything about an interview yet? I know some private schools are already starting to give out invites! Yikes!

I haven't heard anything yet but I'm incredibly anxious. I looked at the Belmont thread from last year and it seemed like people first found out about interviews the first or second week of September. The first interview is October 14 so we should know something soon!

I received my email from Ginger today saying my App. was accepted and complete....shouldn't be long now.....it will be though

How do they let us know we are granted an interview? Letter? Phone call? Email?

Most schools so far have used email! Getting the interview is the easy part, the actual interview I'm scared for!

do you guys know what's like the avg gpa of those accepted?

I have a 3.3 cum and 3.07 science and im not sure if I should apply w/these stats?

Thanks guys :)

Did anyone else hear back from this school yet? I have an interview scheduled for Oct 14th.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have mine on the 21st.. I could have sworn they are all on the same day. They have designeated dates for Interviews

hey everyone. im considering applying to Belmont for Fall 2012. does anyone have any good things to say about Belmont or why I should apply?:)

Did anyone else hear back from this school yet? I have an interview scheduled for Oct 14th.

Hey, I just got an email with an interview invite for the same day. o_o The problem is that I was considering scheduling my Touro interview for the 13th which would make traveling difficult. The email says I can reschedule but only for January. What on earth? Is that what your email said too?

do you guys know what's like the avg gpa of those accepted?

I have a 3.3 cum and 3.07 science and im not sure if I should apply w/these stats?

Thanks guys :)

I don't know the average GPA accepted but my stats are only a little better than yours and I just got an interview. I think you should definitely apply.

I received my email today for interview on 10/14. Whew!! I was scared....all downhill now:xf:

Might I ask if those people who have already gotten interview offers have PCAT scores above 70? Just trying to gauge what they are looking for with the first rounds of interviews.

Might I ask if those people who have already gotten interview offers have PCAT scores above 70? Just trying to gauge what they are looking for with the first rounds of interviews.

Yep, mine is above 70 and I'm planning a retake at the end of this month.

I was about to say nvm, got my interview invite this morning lol, probably had to do with turning in a little later than you all and being at the end of the alphabet

I just wanted to add my name to the mix. I got the invitation for an 10/14 interview this morning! I'll be seeing some of you in a couple of weeks. Best of luck to everyone, and safe travels!.

I too will be there on the 14th, my birthday. Interviewing on my birthday gets me accepted automatically right? K good...lol

So I got a 10/14 interview as well, but I have another interview on that date as well. So they moved me to the February 17 interview date ahhh so far away. Do you think this will hurt my chances of getting in?

So I got a 10/14 interview as well, but I have another interview on that date as well. So they moved me to the February 17 interview date ahhh so far away. Do you think this will hurt my chances of getting in?

I'm not a student at Belmont, but I was accepted there last year, so I've been through their interview process.

It will hurt your chances of getting in when looking at seats available after your interview. However, if you're one of the strongest candidates after your interview, it doesn't matter how many seats they have left. Just know that they will have already filled up a chunk of the class before they ever get to take a look at you, so even if you are better than some people interviewing before February, they may already have a seat secured so you have to be better than everyone who interviews from now through February.

Really? Happy Birthday to you! Today was wonderful; the weather was so nice and we all had a great day at Belmont! Best wishes in your new age!

Agreed Tracy26. Interview day was amazing. Hope everyone did great and hopefully will be seeing each other next August! :xf:

Got a call this morning....anybody else??!!!

I'm In
I'm In
I'm In
I'm In
I'm In
I'm In
I'm In
I'm In
I'm In
I'm In

Whew!!!!(Exhale)

Congrats! Got my call this afternoon... Looks like we will be classmates!!! YAY!

Hey...
For some of you folks that have gotten in already....

Have you gotten a letter or anything from Belmont? I got an invite for a background check, although I was accepted to another school on the same day as I got my call from Belmont. Just wondering if perhaps they made a mistake with the call...lol jk Seriously, I am just anxious waiting for the actual letter, but I do live several hours away from Nash..... I just need tangible proof that I got in before I can let it sink in. haha Thanks for the feedback.

Hey...
For some of you folks that have gotten in already....

Have you gotten a letter or anything from Belmont? I got an invite for a background check, although I was accepted to another school on the same day as I got my call from Belmont. Just wondering if perhaps they made a mistake with the call...lol jk Seriously, I am just anxious waiting for the actual letter, but I do live several hours away from Nash..... I just need tangible proof that I got in before I can let it sink in. haha Thanks for the feedback.

When I got the call from my interviewer, he told me the actual letter would be coming days later after they checked my classes. I got called on October 19th and got my letter on 10/22. I live in Nashville area so I get stuff the next day. Be patient....I know its hard but you could call Ginger Hooper if you are concerned. I'm glad you got in....PM me who you are and I will see if we met that day. I was in the front left of the origional room. The other guy here got his call several days after me and he lives in Nashville too, so don't fret yet.

Hey. If anyone currently attends Belmont I would love for you to PM me. I was accepted there and somewhere else. I would love to
Get some feedback on what it's like from
A students perspective before I make up my mind. Thanks

Hey....
anyone else gotten into Belmont? Still waiting on the actual letter here. Anyone not gotten their letters yet?

Did you ever call Ginger Hooper? I would just call and ask why the hold up. If you received the call you must be in....They might be struggling to verify your classes needed. Did you get the email about the background check? I have gotten all of that and my background is back and Belmont chashed my check....I'm definately in. If you want to come down some weekend and look around let me know and we can meet up.

Hey there...
I got my letter yesterday evening, so I'm all set. :)

Congratulations to all who have been accepted and will be attending.

I am aware that Belmont has specific dates for their interviews, right? I was offered interview about two months ago for Jan 6th and was wondering if anyone will be interviewing on this day too. Can't wait to be done with it with a positive outcome, especially as this is my top choice ( applied to only 2 schools).

Congratulations to all who have been accepted and will be attending.

I am aware that Belmont has specific dates for their interviews, right? I was offered interview about two months ago for Jan 6th and was wondering if anyone will be interviewing on this day too. Can't wait to be done with it with a positive outcome, especially as this is my top choice ( applied to only 2 schools).
I guess I will see you on Jan 6!

When I got the call from my interviewer, he told me the actual letter would be coming days later after they checked my classes. I got called on October 19th and got my letter on 10/22. I live in Nashville area so I get stuff the next day. Be patient....I know its hard but you could call Ginger Hooper if you are concerned. I'm glad you got in....PM me who you are and I will see if we met that day. I was in the front left of the origional room. The other guy here got his call several days after me and he lives in Nashville too, so don't fret yet.
Congrats to u all. I will be ur neighbors cos i will be at Lipscomb. Congrats again, i know the feeling:thumbup:

Just received an interview invite for Belmont. I've been accepted to Lipscomb but I'll interview here to assess the differences in programs. Anyone else interviewing for next Friday?

I get an interview invitation today also. I'm still considering if i should go for it. Can anybody here let me know about the positive and negative sides of pharmacy program of Belmont? Can anybody share why you choose this school? Thanks ;)

Just received an interview invite for Belmont. I've been accepted to Lipscomb but I'll interview here to assess the differences in programs. Anyone else interviewing for next Friday?

I'll be seeing you Friday! :thumbup:

I have an interview at Belmont at 11 on Friday

Last edited:
I've dug up every article and thread I could find and found averages from eight days to the full two weeks. They notified people later in 2010 for some reason but other than that it's been prompt. Were you at the Feb 17 date? I think I had a good interview and me and Dr. Kiningham seemed to connect but I don't want to jinx anything. To be honest, I want to go to Nashville!

I was there on the 17th. I'm just really excited and want to know at this point.

Were you in the 11 or 9 am interview? I know I should wait but I feel like calling. I also have interviews to mercer and pcom Georgia, but Belmont is my first choice right now.