About the ads

Belmont OTD

Discussion in 'Occupational Therapy [ O.T.D ]' started by Yellowbee, Jan 18, 2012.

1. SDN is a nonprofit organization. Services are made possible through the generous support of SDN members and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. Yellowbee

Yellowbee

SDN 2+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Hi :) Has anyone heard from Belmont? I called last week and they said they were still reviewing applications for interviews and I will hear from them soon. The interview date for early decision is on Jan 27 and I'm starting to worry..

And can anyone give more info about this school? I can't find a lot of info about this program on forums. Any help will be appreciated! Thanks in advance :)
  2. OT4Life

OT4Life

Rehab Sci Student [OTD]
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    :)
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  3. gymnastau

gymnastau

Rehab Sci Student [OTD]
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    They continue interviews all spring. At least they did last year. I received an interview last year for May but did not accept. Based on the email I received last year,. the schedule includes a personal interview, School of OT preview, and a brief onsite essay.
    They were really helpful in answering any questions I had by email or phone
  4. OT4Life

OT4Life

Rehab Sci Student [OTD]
    SDN 2+ Year Member
  5. Yellowbee

Yellowbee

SDN 2+ Year Member
    Thanks everyone for your help and clarification! I'm crossing my fingers i'll hear from them soon. My application was complete (OTCAS verified and transcripts/GRE scores sent to the school) beginning of December in time for early decision interview date.

Do you know if Belmont interviews everyone who applies? How competitive is the program?
  6. gymnastau

gymnastau

Rehab Sci Student [OTD]
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I did not reapply to Belmont. I decided the cost was too steep. From what I read last year on these boards nearly everyone receives an interview. I could be wrong.
  7. OT4Life

OT4Life

Rehab Sci Student [OTD]
    SDN 2+ Year Member
  8. 2bOT

2bOT

Rehab Sci Student [OTD]
    I received an interview invitation in late December (applied at the end of October) and called them last Friday to check on the status. The woman I talked to was very friendly but just vaguely said they're still working out the schedule so it sounds to me like they don't have all the spots filled yet. She did say to plan on being there from about 8:30-12:30.
  9. OT4Life

OT4Life

Rehab Sci Student [OTD]
    SDN 2+ Year Member
  10. Yellowbee

Yellowbee

SDN 2+ Year Member
    Thanks for the update! :) I didn't get an interview, but now I know they only select a few for early decision. I guess I'll have to wait until regular admission time roles around. How was your interview? I hope it went well! :) What was the interview process like? How many candidates were there?

Good luck to everyone who was at the interview!
  11. OT4Life

OT4Life

Rehab Sci Student [OTD]
    SDN 2+ Year Member
  12. 2bOT

2bOT

Rehab Sci Student [OTD]
    This is a pretty good summary of the day except there were really only about 40 people there. Theyre supposed to make their first decisions by mid Feb so I'm sure you'll get an interview invitation in the next few weeks if you're a qualified applicant.
  13. OT4Life

OT4Life

Rehab Sci Student [OTD]
    SDN 2+ Year Member
  14. 127428

Yes, I received an e-mail today. I am deferred until the regular admissions. I hope this is not a death sentence for admissions to the school. Have you heard back yet? I would assume you have since you posted this about the time I received my e-mail.
  15. OT4Life

OT4Life

Rehab Sci Student [OTD]
    SDN 2+ Year Member
  16. 2bOT

2bOT

Rehab Sci Student [OTD]
    I received my acceptance e-mail yesterday.
  17. OT4Life

OT4Life

Rehab Sci Student [OTD]
    SDN 2+ Year Member
  18. 127428

2bOT:
    Can I ask what your stats are? I am just curious as to how I stack up. Also, did you feel that your interview and essay portion of the interview day went well? I'm worried my interview hurt me because I was really nervous and not really saying the best things I could have.
  19. 2bOT

2bOT

Rehab Sci Student [OTD]
    Thanks! I'm pretty shocked and so excited! Belmont is definitely one of my top picks, but I'm waiting to hear back from 4 other schools and weigh out the cost with my other priorities and options. Here are my stats:

University: Ohio State University
    Major: Health Sciences, Minor: Psychology
    Cumulative GPA: 3.52
    Last 60 GPA: 3.76
    Pre-req GPA: 3.73
    GRE: 540 V, 550 Q, 4.0 AW
    Volunteer/Observation: 40 hours inpatient acute care, 28 hours outpatient pediatric, ~50 hours non-OT volunteering in various areas of Ohio State University Medical Center, volunteer at a non-profit animal shelter
    Extra-curriculars: intramural water polo captain, note-taker for OSU's office of student disability services, research assistant to one of my professors

Good luck! Hope you hear good news soon!
  20. OT4Life

OT4Life

Rehab Sci Student [OTD]
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Thanks for replying! What other schools did you apply to?
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  21. 2bOT

2bOT

Rehab Sci Student [OTD]
    I think my essay was probably average (I'm not that spectacular at on-the-spot writing, hence my 4.0 AW) but I felt that my interview went well. Don't worry too much about yours, if interviews were make-or-break they would have told us immediately after of their decisions. My roommate just got in to PT school and was notified of her acceptance just 3 days after her interview! The interviewers and admissions committee know that it's a nerve-racking situation, I'm sure they expect candidates to display a bit of nervousness and I wouldn't think it would hurt you too much. Best of luck!
  22. 2bOT

2bOT

Rehab Sci Student [OTD]

Yeah, that's probably what they're waiting on! I think my stats are good, but obviously others like yourself have better. I think their average GPA of accepted students last year was about a 3.5, so it looks like they take every factor of the application into account, not just numbers. Good luck!
  23. 2bOT

2bOT

Rehab Sci Student [OTD]
    I was accepted to Winston-Salem State U, wait-listed at Toledo, and waiting on MUSC, East Carolina, Cleveland State, and Ohio State. I also applied to Temple and am scheduled for an interview but I think I'm going to pull my application since I've been accepted to Belmont.
  24. 127428

Please post it on here if anyone one hears of the acceptances/deferrals/rejections of any of the other applicants. I didn't think to get any phone numbers so I have no way of finding out. I've been reading online about deferrals from schools and I am definitely freaking out! And congrats to those accepted!
  25. OTstudent12

OTstudent12

Pre-Rehab Sci [AuD/DPT/OTD]
    I was also deferred to the next pool of applicants... :( I was pretty bummed because I felt like my interview went very well. Does anyone have any idea how many have already been accepted? Have any rejection letters been sent out or did everyone who didn't make the cut get deferred? Any info would be appreciated, feeling pretty discouraged because I really love Belmont's program...
  26. 2bOT

2bOT

Rehab Sci Student [OTD]
    Just to update you, they gave me until March 15 to decide. If I remember correctly is also the regular admissions deadline, so hang in there! I'll keep my fingers crossed for all of you! Wish I could give you more info, if I hear any other stats about how many they accepted I'll definitely keep you posted!
  27. 127428

Have any of the deferred or regular admission applicants heard back about admissions yet?
  28. member1019

member1019

Rehab Sci Student [OTD]
    Still waiting...anything yet?
  29. 127428

Just received a letter in the mail the other day. Waitlisted. I assume everyone else will be hearing soon. I'm almost relieved that I don't have the decision to make now. I love the school and program but I just don't think I could ever afford it! The program I'll be attending will be expensive enough. Congrats to everyone who is accepted though- such a beautiful school!
  30. member1019

member1019

Rehab Sci Student [OTD]
    Just received a letter too, waitlisted as well. Loved their program, still hoping for the best. Anyone know about people getting pulled off the wait list?
  31. BG90

BG90

So I'm on the waitlist and still haven't hear anything... anyone else heard anything yet?