Bench Prep

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Qester

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone every used any of Bench Prep applications? I need a good resource so self-teach myself chemistry and orgo! I have taken them before and will be retaking them again but want to get a jump start. So if anyone has any insight on if the BenchPrep applications are useful or not please let me know!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi There!

My name is Sophie and I work with BenchPrep. I am happy to answer any specific questions you have about our MCAT courses. Talk soon!

My email is [email protected].

Sophie

Last edited:
For the MCAT, benchprep is outstanding. But if you're trying to get a leg up on orgo, I don't think benchprep is going to help you much. MCAT orgo is FAR FAR FAR easier than the orgo you'll get in school. Benchprep shines in that it gives you practice problems that prepare you for the type of questions you'll come across on the actual MCAT, but the questions you'll get on tests in class are going to probably be more time and thought intensive, and more straightforward.

If you're looking for a good resource to help you with orgo, I found the "organic chemistry as a second language" bookset pretty helpful. Although, in all honesty, once I started to get the hang of orgo and just had to memorize reactions and mechanisms, the books were less helpful than just taking the time to study consistently.

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Brycepj is right. I got BenchPrep recently even though I'm not studying for the MCAT yet (there was a good groupon deal lol) and it seems really legit.
But almost no MCAT prep material will be extensive enough to help you learn or study for organic Chem, def needs to be learned from a textbook and by doing difficult problems.