Bench test preparation how to thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does any one have a list of exercises that we need to practice? any help will be appreciated. thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Is there any bench test that is affordable that you can recommend, I don't have such kind of money to pay !!! and I really wanted a good course
Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
HI,

I am on vacation to India, please let me know If I can buy burs and handpieces slow speed set from India to US? will that be useful?

HI ,
could you please specify if it is two holed or 4 holed aerotar handpiece for bench test. Which one to buy?

Thanks,

Never attend OSTC course for bench test preparation.

Guys today was my last day at the course and let me tell you my 3200 dollars have all gone into drain.
1)The batch is of 24 students but there are over 50 students just for practise and there are only 2 ppl who check our work. One is Dr khurana and a dentist named Laura. So we hardly get 5 min a day with him as he leaves by 7 30-8 and 5hrs are of lecture and demo.
2) the course timing is 10 30 but Dr khurana never comes before 11 30. And he starts at around 12. He teaches less of practical work and more of theory. His lectures are of 2 to 3 hrs.
3) He gives demos outside of mouth on a tray so we never know about inclinations and position. We asked him to teach us outside and he just gave us handouts saying read and do it.
4) Very money minded people. They sell a tooth for 2.5 dollars. Plus the instruments they give during the course are all non standardized. If you want to buy loupes when you attend the course you only can buy from univet which are around 1600 dollars plus taxes. No other guys are involved in the building. So buy loupes before hand.
5) He takes 4 hrs for a restoration. and its like the whole day we just sit and watch what is he doing and listen to the lecture. I travelled from scarborough and i took 2 30 hrs to reach so 5 hrs a day and so i could get very less practice.
6) he is very inclined to punjabis and so if you are not one pls think once before attending.
7)If your work is not good dont attend coz he ignores people who does not have good work.
8) And i being a US student i had asked him to teach me onlays and 3/4th crown and he just told us how to do it in 15 min. No demos. And he wasted my 2 days just for that 15 mins which i would have seen through you tube.

I dont know about other courses but if you are planning to attend this course pls dont. You are wasting your money. You tube is much better.

Dhaval

is this dhaval dave? did u know they have put your name on their website as a student who got into a program after joining their course? (im very observant so tend to notice such things lol)

HI

I wanted to know what I need to do to prepare for bench test in general? What materials do I need to buy? What exercises do I practice? Also should I review radiographs? Case Histories? Should I take any courses? The ones that I have heard of in the forum are

1.) Duggans
2.) OSTC
3.) VCU
4.) UT
5.) UBC

Are there any others that are recommended? Also what about CE Courses? Should I take some of those?

Thanks in advance for all responses!
I am sorry I did not understand the what "UT" anf "UBC" stands for

I have a mounting pole, portable dental turbine, typodont and airrotor handpiece. If anybody wants to buy bench test prep material to practice at home.
U can contact me on [email protected]