Bernie Sanders pays a lower tax rate than average American

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You vote for a candidate just because he is sincere and honest when he is telling you that he is going to implement policies that are the exact opposite of what you supposedly stand for?
Not trying to be rude or anything; I think we generally have similar views

Fair enough question. I voted for him because 1) I feel it was my duty to vote in the primaries, indeed my duty to vote in all elections 2) there was no libertarian (or any other 3rd party) primary ticket to vote on so I had to choose between Democrat or Republican 3) given that my choices were between the Democrat and the Republican tickets I honestly felt Sanders would do the least harm compared to the other applicable candidates 4) and I know the reality is that even if by some long-shot he won, he wouldn't be able to actually implement his idea (due to congressional gridlock), anymore than any past presidential candidate has actually been able to implement their ideas.

I've now officially been called a communist, conservative, liberal, moderate, progressive, nazi, and libertarian on SDN over the years.

Well, that must mean you are a true politician, someone who can be everything to everyone. (I'm not saying that is a good thing, I'm just saying....)

Members don't see this ad.

This article isnt about taxes but does make a good point about free college tuition but not eliminating non-tuition costs. So is Sanders really helping everyone or just the rich? I haven't been in school for awhile, how much of your current loans has come from non-tuition costs?

Depends on the school and the lifestyle/cost of living. Most out of state/private schools are around 130-200k total for 4 years of tuition.

If you're still living the college lifestyle (~1k rent monthly, ~400 food monthly, and 500-1k monthly random expenditures). So around 100k total for 4 years.

Well, that must mean you are a true politician, someone who can be everything to everyone. (I'm not saying that is a good thing, I'm just saying....)

I invented my own thing. I'm an antiideologist. There is one. Me. I believe in evidence-based policy, not ideology-based policy.

Reactions: 1 users