Best admissions staff in the country?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Val14

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I see a thread started in 2001 for the “worst admissions staff in the country” continues to be resurrected.

What are people’s thoughts on the best admissions staff in the country?

Members don't see this ad.

It's pretty easy to tell who is bad, but who is good is much more difficult. There's just too many good ones out there, and it's much easier to stand out by being horrible than by being awesome when everybody else is awesome.

Members don't see this ad :)
Pritzker has a whole pod cast dedicated to MD admissions and they have an episode that answers basically any question you could have about med admissions or Pritzker in general. I haven't applied but that podcast helped me plan things out as a freshman so their office is good in my book. Similarly, the Tri-I MD/PhD office has a podcast that was also super helpful later when I decided I wanted to do the dual degree.

Admin Office grading rubric:
1. Transparency - 50%
2. Timeliness of acceptance and rejection - 30%
3. Being nice and helpful people (give good, honest feedback, do not insult you or turn their nose up at you) - 20%

Reactions: 3 users
Pritzker has a whole pod cast dedicated to MD admissions and they have an episode that answers basically any question you could have about med admissions or Pritzker in general. I haven't applied but that podcast helped me plan things out as a freshman so their office is good in my book. Similarly, the Tri-I MD/PhD office has a podcast that was also super helpful later when I decided I wanted to do the dual degree.

1. Transparency - 50%
3. Being nice and helpful people (give good, honest feedback, do not insult you or turn their nose up at you) - 20%

I was rejected here today, but overall they've been pretty fabulous.

+1 for Pritzker: friendly, transparent, and very approachable staff :)

Reactions: 1 users
Georgetown bar none.

jim-carrey-liar-liar.gif

Reactions: 6 users

1. Transparency - 50%
Where's this podcast? I'd be extremely interested (as I assume others) in listening to it!

Wow this is amazing to find. Thank you so much. I'll start it soon!

Just as a heads up, some of the "higher impact" stuff, like discussions about applications, etc. are earlier on in their podcast series (Episode 8 is/was particularly helpful for me).

Reactions: 1 user
Just as a heads up, some of the "higher impact" stuff, like discussions about applications, etc. are earlier on in their podcast series (Episode 8 is/was particularly helpful for me).
I was planning on starting on episode 1 and going through it linearly.

gonna give it to University of Central Florida. they have a fairly transparent system and they let you know more or less in what group you stand in the waitlist. The Admissions director REL is very approachable.

Pritzker is really friendly. Also loved Pitt, and Mayo, and UCSF. And Dartmouth. All were really transparent and friendly.

Reactions: 1 users
They may not have podcasts or anything like that, but I've had the privilege of interviewing at several schools and felt University of Cincinnati had amazing staff. It may be because of my unusual background but even for the decent sized pool of people they knew my application very well. It made me feel like they had really taken the time to scour what people had written. The head for the MD side of applications sought me out to talk to me about who I was and what I've done. I'm not sure if anyone else had this experience, but it made me feel like I wasn't just cattle.