Best EM Podcast

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

The White Coat Investor

Practicing Doc and Blogger
Partner Organization
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm kind of getting into podcasts since I can listen to them during my 15-20 minute commute that I'm otherwise not doing anything. Which is the best EM podcast out there? Bonus points if it is free (or cheap) and especially if I can get CME for it. Feel free to plug your own.

Update: I saw this thread: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/podcast-recommendations.987407/

Anything new out there?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I like all of these:

EMCrit
ERCast
SmartEM
PEM ED
EMRAP

Last edited:
Neither short and there is no CME (I promise I read your criteria!) but SMART EM is still my favorite.

They (Newman and Shreves) also do the Annals of EM monthly journal recap which (despite not meeting either the short or CME criteria) is also good.

Easy. EMRAP and you get CME but not necessarily cheap. Informative, up to date, and frequently hilarious.

Emcrit with scott weingart is great too and he's frequently on EMRAP. He's just the man. Definitely have a bro crush on him.

http://emergencymedicinecases.com/

Used to be a subscription fee, but they got some huge grant/funding and now you can join for free. Great cases, professionally edited. Can't say enough about it.

Reactions: 1 user
Start with EM:RAP. great content. Many of the "superstars" of other podcasts contribute to EM:RAP. You can branch out to their podcasts if you like their style.

Start with EM:RAP. great content. Many of the "superstars" of other podcasts contribute to EM:RAP. You can branch out to their podcasts if you like their style.

Is it just me, or has EM:RAP been "inactive" for a bit and just airing reruns? Granted... the content is gold no matter what, but I haven't seen anything "new" as of late.

Is it just me, or has EM:RAP been "inactive" for a bit and just airing reruns? Granted... the content is gold no matter what, but I haven't seen anything "new" as of late.

Not reruns per se but they've been driving abscess management and procedural sedation stuff into the ground lately. Still an awesome podcast though.