Best MCAT 2015 Course

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

crosscountry123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I'm sorry if this is a repeat thread but I was wondering what MCAT 2015 test prep course you guys would recommend, specifically Kaplan, Princeton, or Examkrackers?

Thanks in advance for any and all input!

Members don't see this ad.

None of the above, none of them know what they are doing at the moment. If you can help it, I would hold off on taking any course until all three companies get their people to sit in on the test and see what is in store. Right now, only Khan Academy has a direct line of access to what you can expect on the test. The only document outside of that is a very vanilla, plain public one you can download that has like, 3 example questions, and nothing more.

@type12 Thanks for the input, but what if I am looking totake one of the first MCAT 2015 tests? Is it worth choosing one of these companies over the others in order to supplement my studying?

I'm biased towards ExamKrackers, because I have had good experiences with them. However, that doesn't guarantee their MCAT2015 material will be better. Though, Kaplan and Princeton are much lazier, so, I trust them less than I do EK.

Members don't see this ad :)
None of the above, none of them know what they are doing at the moment. If you can help it, I would hold off on taking any course until all three companies get their people to sit in on the test and see what is in store. Right now, only Khan Academy has a direct line of access to what you can expect on the test. The only document outside of that is a very vanilla, plain public one you can download that has like, 3 example questions, and nothing more.

Yeah kind of hard to find reliable practice tests/problems. If you're looking for content review stick to books/khan academy.

Last edited:
Yeah kind of hard to find reliable practice tests/problems. If you're looking for content review stick to books/khan academy.

We created 10 full length exams that are statistically identical to AAMC. To learn more visit our SDN page by going to exhibition forms>test prep>mcat. Read about the process we used to perfectly mimic AAMC material.

Last edited:
what about Berkeley REVIEW
OR MPREP???

Hey if you guys have questions about preparing for the exam, visit our Page. Go to exhibition forms>test prep>mcat. Our students have averaged in the 90th percentile for over 9 years in a row.

we do one on one tutoring that is phenomenal.

Last edited:
what about Berkeley REVIEW
OR MPREP???

MPrep Test Bank was pretty solid from what I heard about the old MCAT. Let's say it this way for TBR, I wish they had courses on the east coast with the same quality as they do on the west coast. I have never read a bad review about their course (granted, I have only read 5 or so).

Taking a TPR course right now and if TBR was offered on the east coast, I would have gone with that in a heartbeat.

yEAH HONESTLY they are great, I asked alot of my buddies in Medical school and they all lean towards TBR
If you ever think about getting some hours with them LMK
we can save money together and great hourly rates

yEAH HONESTLY they are great, I asked alot of my buddies in Medical school and they all lean towards TBR
If you ever think about getting some hours with them LMK
we can save money together and great hourly rates

How does this work? Is it based on their books or updated with the new mcat?

yeah its an online prep course that meet 2 or 3 times a week
but also check out altuis test prep!

Any updates/thoughts on which companies were helpful to prep for the new MCAT? I am planning to take a course in the Spring. Would love input!

Let's say it this way for TBR, I wish they had courses on the east coast with the same quality as they do on the west coast. I have never read a bad review about their course (granted, I have only read 5 or so).

Taking a TPR course right now and if TBR was offered on the east coast, I would have gone with that in a heartbeat.

Sorry we are so limited, but the truth of the matter is that if we over-expanded the quality would drop. The reason you read only great reviews is that the owners still teach and their style is honed in after all this time. The reason you see so few reviews is that they only choose to have three locations.

Wait but you can meet online with a tutor with TBR

that is what I am planning on doing

Really sorry, but our philosophy is that tutoring has to be done in person. You pick up so much from a person's body language and facial expressions that gets lost in cyber transmission. Every now and then a tutor will field some questions via email or Skype, but the bulk of questions are answered in office hours and study hall.

Any updates/thoughts on which companies were helpful to prep for the new MCAT? I am planning to take a course in the Spring. Would love input!

If you are in an area where there is a BR class, you should sit in on a lecture and see their style. That really is the best way to see what fits for you.

Sorry we are so limited, but the truth of the matter is that if we over-expanded the quality would drop. The reason you read only great reviews is that the owners still teach and their style is honed in after all this time. The reason you see so few reviews is that they only choose to have three locations.

Really sorry, but our philosophy is that tutoring has to be done in person. You pick up so much from a person's body language and facial expressions that gets lost in cyber transmission. Every now and then a tutor will field some questions via email or Skype, but the bulk of questions are answered in office hours and study hall.

If you are in an area where there is a BR class, you should sit in on a lecture and see their style. That really is the best way to see what fits for you.

I decided to self-study however I had a question that I posted on the BR books thread but haven't heard back yet. Online it says the GenChem book's most recent edition is 2012, but in the thread it states that there is a 2014 version. Which is accurate? What edition are the current books on the website as I am planning to purchase the home study set. Thanks!