About the ads

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best NBME to do two weeks prior to exam?

Discussion in 'Step I' started by averyrule88, May 27, 2012.

1. This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. averyrule88

averyrule88

Medical Student

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    I'm taking my exam two weeks from tomorrow. I already took NBME #12 last Monday and scored a 214. My goal is a 230 or higher. I plan on taking another NBME tomorrow and then my last NBME a week from Monday (a week before the exam). I was wondering which other NBME exams to take and in what order? I've heard from certain people on here that #s 7 and #11 are the hardest in addition to #12 so would these be best to do (and if so in what order) or am I better doing an exam like #13 since it's the most recent? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  2. VisionaryTics

VisionaryTics SeƱor Member

Medical Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    It doesn't really matter. I would do 11&13 because they are the most recent and probably reflect the style/emphasis of the USMLE, but the order doesn't matter terribly.
  3. averyrule88

averyrule88

Medical Student
    Thanks, I guess I was just asking in terms of which test is better to take first b/c I kinda figured taking the harder test tomorrow would allow more time to focus in on weak areas and then the week before the exam taking the exam that's a little easier might be good for a confidence boost since I don't wanna take an unrealistically difficult exam that might freak me out a little a week before the exam.
  4. dr seuss

dr seuss

Medical Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    What's wrong with 12?
    Last edited: May 27, 2012
  5. averyrule88

averyrule88

Medical Student
    Nothing's wrong with 12 but I did 12 already.
  6. Alvarez13

Alvarez13 PGEEE2 mediates FEEEVER

Medical Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    If you only had time to do 2 NBME's before the real deal, which ones would you guys pick? Sounds like 11-13 are the most recent. Not sure I'll have time for all 3.
  7. ijn

ijn

Medical Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    People ask that all the time. There isn't a definitive answer. They're all about the same. Maybe the more recent ones are the best but no one really knows.
  8. Alvarez13

Alvarez13 PGEEE2 mediates FEEEVER

Medical Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    Yah, that's what I'm finding out more and more as I browse.