Best School for Vision Therapy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alleyesonyou

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which optometry schools have the best Vision Therapy programs? Also, if I were interested in doing research in the field of binocular vision/vision therapy, which schools have the best faculty, facilities, and support?

Members don't see this ad.

The optometrist who I used to intern for said that PCO has the best vision therapy program. I don't think it was biased either because he graduated from a school other than PCO.

There is one school that is mentioned a lot in VT threads (not mentioned yet here). A lot of people from there say their VT program is excellent. And a lot of successful vision therapists come from there. However, I would argue that their program is not so...balanced? PM me if you want to know the school I'm thinking of. However, it is entirely possible that things have changed in the last few years or so. Try to find a program that teaches evidence-based VT (my opinion).

I thought the BV program at UMSL was solid. I have also heard good things about SCCO.

lol. This is constructive.

I've heard UH (B Wick) and SUNY were good too.

That said, Salus has M. Scheiman. So the conclusion is... ?

I imagine each and every school (hopefully) has a good BV expert. This obviously doesn't answer the question.