Best time to marry in Med school?

tazdevil52

Going to Medical School!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
When is the best time to marry in med school?
I have been told that between the first and second year is best cuz you have three months that you dont have between second and third due to step I but is it possible to do it besides that summer?
We live in South Florida and summer time is to F***ing hot to marry, sweaty in all the pictures, tuxes and dresses are like sweat suits (read death traps).
Is there sufficient time on Christmas break for wedding and honey moon?

Originally posted in Pre-allo

Curious if anyone had feedback

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=2394160#post2394160

Members don't see this ad.

This will be an interesting topic and I will use the answer for future reference... me not being in medicial school and all...

Where in South Florida you at? I am in Miami.

We got married the summer between classes and clinics, worked out well because with DH being in clinics it was more like him having a "real" job instead of studying so much.

we had a small wedding across the country (where our families live) so it did require a little planning. We also only took a small (and cheap!) honeymoon so that was not a big deal with planning around schooling. We got married last March- my husband was on his spring break (1.5 weeks) of his 2nd yr. I flew out to NY for the last minute preparations 2 weeks before the wedding and he came out 3 days before after classes ended. It worked out fine.

When he returned, he had a month or so of school left and then was off for 2 months to study for the boards and prepare for 3rd yr to start in July.

So, after all that jibberish- I would say that most anytime during 1st or 2nd year would be fine. OR as my husband has most of his 3rd and 4th yr schedule set ahead of time, we could probably have scheduled a small wedding then too.