About the ads

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beyond Stressed Out- please help me out

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by freakedfreshman, Apr 27, 2012.

1. This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. freakedfreshman

freakedfreshman

Pre-Dental
    SDN 2+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    I know there are many threads with the same question, and sorry for another one, but please help me guys.

Let me know what you guys think based off my credentials.
    Junior Year At Loyola University Chicago

Chances?

Credentials:

cGPA: 3.45
    sGPA: 3.3

DAT AA: 19

ECs:

President of my Fraternity

President of Pre-Dental Club

Member of South Asian Student Alliance

1+ Year working as a Dental Assistant

50-100 Hours of Shadowing a General Dentist

Assisted with Board Accreditation

:/
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
  2. Tyrangiel

Tyrangiel Roseman 2016

Dental Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    What is your question?
  3. gladiator87

gladiator87

Pre-Pharmacy
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    Pretty sure asking what his or her chances are. It's really hard to answer these kind of questions because there are so many factors that can affect your outcome but I think the most important one is you :)
  4. freakedfreshman

freakedfreshman

Pre-Dental
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Just wondering based off of my credentials, am I a competitive candidate? I'm not aiming to get into UPenn Harvard or anything, but like UIC, Marquette etc.'

Thank you to anyone who responds
  5. Hesamdna

Hesamdna

Dental Student
    I would say you have a slim chance of getting into Marquette with a 19 on the DAT and ~3.5 GPA. I know a lot of my friends applying there with same stats and didn't even get an interview. UIC has about 66 seats and you imagine how competitive it is to get accepted there. You might want to have something that sets you apart from other applicants. Like an outstanding DAT, GPA, research experience, MS degree, etc... However, I think you have a good shot of getting at least an interview with Midwestern Illinois. Have you applied there? Are you applying for the 2013 cycle?
  6. freakedfreshman

freakedfreshman

Pre-Dental
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I live in Illinois, so I am applying to all the schools around the Midwest. Also, yes I am applying for the 2013 school year. Thank you for your response
  7. Hesamdna

Hesamdna

Dental Student
    I am an Illinois resident too. Apply to Midwestern for sure. All of my friends who applied there including myself got an interview. Just make sure you take all the pre-requirements for that school; they are a little different.
  8. freakedfreshman

freakedfreshman

Pre-Dental
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Should I assume that my chances are pretty bad?
  9. Hesamdna

Hesamdna

Dental Student
    Oh no! Definitely not bad at all. Your ECs look actually really good! Your DAT and GPA are just average though. I suggested Midwestern as a good backup. I am sure you get to talk to a lot of pre-dents and dental students as the president of your club so ask them and see what they think of Marquette or Midwestern. Your former president got accepted this year so maybe you could talk to her ;)