Bioengineering courses and BCPM GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

goldenbears12

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So are bioengineering courses included in BCPM GPA?

Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
So are bioengineering courses included in BCPM GPA?

Thanks in advance

Depends on the class, do you feel the subject matter is primarily Biology, Chemistry, Physics, or Math based?

For example, a Computer Applications course is not going to be BCMP, but a Circuits course will be (since this is physics).

My understanding is that any engineering class does not count for BCPM -- I didn't count any of mine as such, and AMCAS did not alter what I designated.

My understanding is that any engineering class does not count for BCPM -- I didn't count any of mine as such, and AMCAS did not alter what I designated.

A common misconception. If you read the AMCAS guidelines (they're pretty hefty), you'll see that courses are classified based on content rather than the department they are taught.

This is a pretty "controversial" subject that pops up every year it seems regarding engineering and BCPM. When in doubt, just mark it how you feel the subject mateiral is reflected, and if AMCAS doesn't like it they will change it themselves.