Biology section on PCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

asianbabigrl87

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i have a question about the biology section for those pp who had already taken the pcat. ..

i have already taken bio 1 & 2 and i'm planning to take the pcat in january but i'm not sure about what i have to study for the biology section. i'm currently reading my biology book over again to refresh my memories but there are alot of topics which were never covered when i took 1 & 2 so i was wondering if someone can give me the topics which i definitely need to study for. or an idea ...

Thanx

Members don't see this ad.

It's a crapshoot. I had heard that it would be a lot of A&P and no ecology or zoology - on my test, there was one really easy anatomy question and some difficult ecology and zoology questions. Other test forms might be heavier on genetics, or immunology, or microbiology. There's no way to really narrow it down much.

i would say it's not a good idea to take pcat with no a&p and micro...if you can finish the bio section from kaplan and review basic micro biology then u have a good chance to do well

I don't know, I disagree with people who say you shouldn't take the PCAT without A&P and micro. I have never taken A&P, and I just started micro this September, and I was able to study on my own and I didn't find the biology section difficult at all.
However, every university is different, so I don't know how much detail your general biology class might go into. We covered all the body systems in pretty good detail, so I was comfortable with that material. But there are still other details and material to study on your own, but it's totally doable.

if you can study on your own then i don't think you have to take any classes for a&p, micro, organic, calculus...but you have to know the material either by taking the class or on your own